sky722

Hangover Cure ? Got One ?

Emergen-C has B Vitamins in it, amongst others.

it wasn't meant as a contradiction to your post, sorry if it came over that way:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

In my younger days of the all night clubbing and drinking, us New Jersey kids would swear by a visit to a diner for some greasy cheeseburgers and a milkshake or breakfast to make the yuckies go away.

Now I just roll into McDonald's and grab a cheeseburger or a Quarter Pounder with Cheese (no onions or pickles) and a large Diet Coke. I swear that takes the major edge off of any hangovers I've had (well, at least the ones where I was able to get myself into my car and drive to McD's).
Always be kinder than you feel.

In my younger days of the all night clubbing and drinking, us New Jersey kids would swear by a visit to a diner for some greasy cheeseburgers and a milkshake or breakfast to make the yuckies go away.

Now I just roll into McDonald's and grab a cheeseburger or a Quarter Pounder with Cheese (no onions or pickles) and a large Diet Coke. I swear that takes the major edge off of any hangovers I've had (well, at least the ones where I was able to get myself into my car and drive to McD's).

That's not surprising, the major component of a hangover is dehydration, so food and drink should make you feel better. (at least to some degree)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

A few rounds of black pudding with a couple of fried egg's (runny) always works for me.

Especially if there is also the following on the side:

4 rashers of Bacon;
slice of fried bread;
couple of sausages (preferably 'Lorne');
couple of tatty cakes;
half a tin of baked beans;
half a tin of plum Tomatoes;
large helping of fried mushrooms;
HP sauce;
toast and Marmalade;
orange juice;
mug of coffee.

BP
:)

Isotonix B complex
Isotonix Isochrome
Isotonix Calcium
Isotonix OPC-3
shot of Ultimate Aloe

I've been told to use any of the above in many different combinations. I'm used nothing but OPC-3 and had great results and I've used b complex, isochrome and calcium and had results. I've been told by someone who I trust that OPC-3 and the Ultimate Aloe is all you need, but that before you start to drink you should have taken some b complex.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Don't get so drunk that you're hungover in the first place? That's the only 'sure-fire' hangover cure.

Other than that, lots of water and an aspirin before you go to bed. Every time you get up to pee, tank up on water and take another aspirin if needed.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Plenty of water and also take Emergen-C before you go to bed (if you can remember) and in the morning. You'll feel like a new person within the hour. Ladydyver, is that what your friend gave you? It's loaded with Vitamins.

it actually wasn't for me...oh I had a good hangover but I wasn't back to jumping yet so I just got to laugh at everyone else. Pretty sure it wasn't emergen - c though.....although it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. It was only B-vitamins specifically and in powder form ....so it was put in 8 oz of water. Who knows if it was truly the vitamins or just the additional water that helped:D:D:D
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Isotonix B complex
Isotonix Isochrome
Isotonix Calcium
Isotonix OPC-3
shot of Ultimate Aloe

I've been told to use any of the above in many different combinations. I'm used nothing but OPC-3 and had great results and I've used b complex, isochrome and calcium and had results. I've been told by someone who I trust that OPC-3 and the Ultimate Aloe is all you need, but that before you start to drink you should have taken some b complex.

Whhaaahhhh???? What's all that sh*t?!?
I thought MY grocery list was long! I'm with you on the:
B complex but I add on
Magnesium to replenish depleted levels and
Milk Thistle to rev up liver function.

If you're attached to otc pain killers, 2 aspirin before falling down are acceptable. And in case you've been living in an underwater cave, DO NOT TAKE TYLENOL WHEN YOUR HAMMERED! Unless you've got Mickey Mantle's connections on the liver recipient list.

Of course this is all done BEFORE indulging. So, take all this stuff, say.... under canopy on your sunset hop & pop.

Gatorade the next day is effective to rehydrate. Maybe it's just me, but drinking a lot of water on a hangover just makes me feel like sh*t.
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

Dude- is that like a hot greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ash tray? or are you serious?:S-Caress

:D
No seriously, it is the best cure ever. I dunno why but it always works and quick as well. One minute your hanging then immediately after your up and at em and ready for 12 rounds with anyone... Just so long as there are no belly blows. ;)

Try it next time. Even if it is just the Black Pudding with some runny eggs, I gauranttee it will sort you out.

And it is proper food. none of these chemical concoctions gently warmed over a bunson burner to get the exact molecular compound, before being drunk, eaten, injected or inhaled in any particular oder. Now that really is Weird Science. :S:P:D

BP
:)

Eating food to "soak up" the alcohol is still a myth. Alcohol passes quickly from the stomach into the bloodstream. Any starches that "absorb" any alcohol in the stomach will still digest, and the alcohol will still leach out and into the bloodstream, whether from the stomach or small intestine.

More on topic: 2 pills of OTC ibuprofen, or 1 pill of naproxen (both NSAIDs), since they are anti-inflammatories, taken shortly BEFORE drinking will help ward off the inflammation that causes headaches. (Putting them on your pillow, as suggested up-thread, is a good idea too!)