SuFantasma

Oil drops below $50 a barrel :-)

I paid $1.90 / gal last night.

Where are the reductions in airline ticket prices and jump tickets??????????

I can't believe how low prices are now, HALF of what they were 6 months ago!

It's $1.76 to $1.81 around my area.... that's still not cheap enough for me :-)
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

I WISH I was in your area! That's dirt-cheap!!

Around here it's between $2.00-$2.30 (I'm not complaining); that's cheap for Chicago...

If it ever gets down to $1.50 I'm going to be a real happy camper - happy happy, joy joy even...
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Here in Oil country folks are bracing for sub $40.00, but still expecting it to return to $70-$80 next year.
Don't buy that 7.5L extended SUV just yet.

So, is this gonna be the new trend now? Prices drop in the winter and skyrocket in the summer? Where is this prognosis coming from? (honest question.)
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Over here in Europe, at least in this crooked country and in neighborhood, there seems to be NO drop in retail fuel prices (only minor-symbolic). At least for now.
1 litre here is still about 1 euro, which would be ~3.78 euro for 1 gallon. (4.73$).
Sucks. Big time.
Here, there is a pattern in price changes. Prices only go up. For example, when some commodity price jumps up (like oil), retail prices go up. But when prices at world market drop down (which is rare, but it happens, like now) retail prices stay at the same level.
dudeist skydiver #42

So, is this gonna be the new trend now? Prices drop in the winter and skyrocket in the summer? Where is this prognosis coming from? (honest question.)

I think the feeling is that just as $145.00 was disproportionately speculator driven, so is the sub $70.00.

I am not sure about the sub $70 price level to be speculation-driven... the demand had dried up and there is no near-term indicators of demand going up again .... However, that doesn't mean that the market manipulators will not create "events" to Venturi the oil supply ( Somalia Pirates comes to mind, read the papers today).

The overheated oil prices opened a window of opportunity for alternative energy sources.... yes there was speculation on the markets driving the price up (temporary), but the Oil barrons will not let the high price give an opportunity to alternative sources (unless they had a chance at buying the sources)....

Math is simple, open the window of opportunity, reveal the 'good ideas", crash the underlying opportunity (high oil prices), buy out the "good ideas" now in-debt and unable to bring to market, repeat cycle. Manipulation, that's all.

I WISH I was in your area! That's dirt-cheap!!

Around here it's between $2.00-$2.30 (I'm not complaining); that's cheap for Chicago...

If it ever gets down to $1.50 I'm going to be a real happy camper - happy happy, joy joy even...

It's between $1.95 and $1.99 here in Alabama. Should be lower... Divot is getting $1.60 near his home...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I am not sure about the sub $70 price level to be speculation-driven... the demand had dried up and there is no near-term indicators of demand going up again .... However, that doesn't mean that the market manipulators will not create "events" to Venturi the oil supply ( Somalia Pirates comes to mind, read the papers today).

OPEC will almost certainly cut production. Production here in Alberta will have some reduction at this price level, and a lot at $40.00. Even in recession the price elasticity of demand in US can be expected to be high in this neighbourhood. Although China's demand is expected to be relatively flat it is still expected to be a rise, same for India.
BTW I don't think $100M worth of hi-jacked oil will affect the price.

OPEC will almost certainly cut production. Production here in Alberta will have some reduction at this price level, and a lot at $40.00. Even in recession the price elasticity of demand in US can be expected to be high in this neighbourhood. Although China's demand is expected to be relatively flat it is still expected to be a rise, same for India.
BTW I don't think $100M worth of hi-jacked oil will affect the price.

I agree, OPEC will cut production, that's a given. Venuzuela will follow too...

As for the hijacked tanker, it's more than the oil it is holding right now, it's the disruption to the supply chain. The 2 million barrels will not find its way to its destination, the schedule of thanker is disrupted, which "forces" Saudi Arabia to cut production due to "lack of storage facilities". Somebody has to throttle back a refinery because the oil didn't arrive and rework the forecast production schedule because future tanker shipments will be cut... all of it adds up to non-delivery of projected oil shipments....

And a tanker is just a "toke of appreciation" fired across the bow... pun intended.... God help us if a major refinery is next.....

I agree, OPEC will cut production, that's a given. Venuzuela will follow too... .

Minor point: Venuzuela is within OPEC

You are absolutely correct ... that was an incomplete thought as I was typing .... Venezuela will follow up with country-specific shipping reductions (meaning the US and its supporters)... we know the Chavez thing ...

Thanks for bringing it up to my attention B|

Perris recently reduced the price of their jump tickets too.

As for gas prices... it would be nice to see the price of a gallon of gas get below $1. I'd take a picture. I wouldn't think I'd ever see that again in my time.

Here in Oil country folks are bracing for sub $40.00, but still expecting it to return to $70-$80 next year.
Don't buy that 7.5L extended SUV just yet.

Considering I run a company that services the Oil/Gas industry, I would love to see prices stabilize.
High, or low, it needs to stabilize!
Most service companies are sitting with their thumbs in their butts right now because dropping oil, and economic uncertainty. [:/][:/][:/]

Doug.
I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.
Winston Churchill

Although I know no one is complaining. Gas prices still aren't keeping pace with the drop in crude prices. When oil was $ 45@barrel 5 years ago, gas was about $1.25 - $1.40@gallon.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"