tinlizzy73

Quantum of Solace Skydiving Scene

Personally I liked the tandem sized reserve in the bail out rig.

All in all the movie was fun to watch. It incorporated some old JB movie ques while keeping more in line with the new version of JB that the series had started.

Hopefully the next one will be as entertaining.

As exciting as the movie was the new Star Trek trailer! Wow!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

At least they didn't try and bailout at 50ft and did try and give themselves more altitude :)
Yea, the new Trek trailer was simplistically elegant and visually stunning. Can't wait for that one.

Pineappe Death Juice, If you have to ask you'd rather not know!

I recently learned that the sheepdog in Disneys The Shaggy Dog didn't really drive the car.

Is there no truth in movies?

What next?
:D

Well of course the Shaggy Dog didn't drive the car. He was the star and they couldn't risk having him hurt himself.

Everybody knows they got a stunt Sheepdog to do the driving scenes.
;)

Was anybody else impressed with the way Bond Chickie was apparently able to keep her heels on during her skydive?

Ever seen Tom Sander's vid "Over The Edge"?

4 girls jumping in negligees with heels...and Jan stomped the disk! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I liked the no PC white CGI-ish looking canopy that deployed slider-less at terminal.
I loved the super maneuverable DC3

Yep, the parachute was fake as hell. They could have done better than that. Maybe they blew their whole budget trashing that Aston Martin.

The DC-3 scenes were really neat. But yeah, that vertical climb to stall was way longer than they'd ever get in real life. But the idea of a "pop-up" maneuver to give altitude for bailout is real.

I didn't like this Bond movie that much...

Was anybody else impressed with the way Bond Chickie was apparently able to keep her heels on during her skydive?

At least it's good publicity for our sport. B|

A bunch of girls did a jump in fashion and heels here in OZ last month. Including platform shooes
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Honestly i hated the movie. ive watched all the james bond movies and read most the books. after the movie i started thinking about it, and to me it just wasnt a james bond movie. No money penny, no Q, not even a "Bond, James Bond". i dont mind a new story line, but keep some james bond in it. No Gadgets. I dont even think that they even refured to him as 007.

decent special effects tho.

Maybe they blew their whole budget trashing that Aston Martin.

Did you notice when the first chase is done and he brings the Aston into the tunnel it's in great shape, just dirty with a door removed?

Another blooper is when he follows Green to the jungle airport where he gets on the plane with the CIA boys. When Green's SUV first pulls up at the bottom of the frame you can see it's been wrecked already.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

how cool is this ?
interview with the pilot of the DC3 :

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/dor/objects/826378/quantum_of_solace/videos/qs_skip_evans_dc3_pilot.html

also says it was used in Terminal Velocity

More about Skip Evans here: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3210622;search_string=Skip%20Evans;#3210622

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Honestly i hated the movie. ive watched all the james bond movies and read most the books. after the movie i started thinking about it, and to me it just wasnt a james bond movie. No money penny, no Q, not even a "Bond, James Bond". i dont mind a new story line, but keep some james bond in it. No Gadgets. I dont even think that they even refured to him as 007.

I wouldn'y say I hated it, but it wasn't that great, for the same reasons as Redline165. I also didn't like how they shook the snot out of the camera in the chase scene. It seems to me like the studios are dumping a bunch of cheap garbage on us and expecting us to buy it lately.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

I have to agree, the fact that such classic elements of the Bond movies have been cast aside makes it less appealing to me. The latest version is action packed and good entertainment ..... but lacking in the classics

Seems the character has gone from a smooth talking spy to a vengeful paid killer. Damn even the classic ending with Mr Bond in bed with the female lead is lost :(

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

Seems the character has gone from a smooth talking spy to a vengeful paid killer.

Ever read the books?;)

I agree. While this movie is certainly not like any of the other Bond movies it's actually a far more accurate picture of the "real" Bond stories....at least according to the books. The books seem to always pick up in the middle of a story and then end with something else going on or things left unfinished that sets up the next one. The books made Bond out to be an awesome spy and stone cold assassin first...and a smooth talker second when he needed to be or wanted something. (Or someone.)

Ian Fleming would roll over in his grave if he saw even half the Bond films.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

Seems the character has gone from a smooth talking spy to a vengeful paid killer.

Ever read the books?;)

I agree. While this movie is certainly not like any of the other Bond movies it's actually a far more accurate picture of the "real" Bond stories....at least according to the books. The books seem to always pick up in the middle of a story and then end with something else going on or things left unfinished that sets up the next one. The books made Bond out to be an awesome spy and stone cold assassin first...and a smooth talker second when he needed to be or wanted something. (Or someone.)
That's what I've heard... and I actually liked this movie and the last one...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Apparently, she did some tunnel time to prepare for that scene. Anyone know which tunnel?

Bodyflight Bedford, over here in the UK. Think they shot that part in the tunnel too..

E

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Apparently, she did some tunnel time to prepare for that scene. Anyone know which tunnel?

Bodyflight Bedford, over here in the UK. Think they shot that part in the tunnel too..

E

I'm skeptical that anything was shot in a tunnel, I don't remember the face of bond or the girl deforming as they would in a tunnel.

The body positions were pretty believable. So, mabye the actors got some tunnel time to get a body position nailed down.