skittles_of_SDC

Skydiving videos and techno

it's probably because techno usually has a upbeat tempo which fits well with most skydiving.

having said that I have in the past used a variety of types of music (from Enya to Da Vinci's Notebook) in my videos and this year my year end was made using ACID music loops (one of them has more of a techno feel the other is a blues progression...) both tunes were a lot of fun to make... and I'm likely to do it from now on.

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

ugh, it's not all "techno". Techno is a subgenre of Electronic Dance Music.

go here:

www.di.fm

scroll through the channels. Take a listen. Learn just how diverse EDM really is. Usually the stuff you hear on skydiving videos is trance or epic trance. Sometimes vocal trance.

I prefer progressive house or breakbeats myself ;)

I think a lot of people use EDM in their skydiving videos because it is upbeat and makes people feel excited or happy. My only wish is that people would break out of the epic stadium trance mold and diversify their videos with some different types of EDM :P

Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

ugh, it's not all "techno". Techno is a subgenre of Electronic Dance Music.

go here:

www.di.fm

scroll through the channels. Take a listen. Learn just how diverse EDM really is. Usually the stuff you hear on skydiving videos is trance or epic trance. Sometimes vocal trance.

I prefer progressive house or breakbeats myself ;)

I think a lot of people use EDM in their skydiving videos because it is upbeat and makes people feel excited or happy. My only wish is that people would break out of the epic stadium trance mold and diversify their videos with some different types of EDM :P

I feel the same way you do. At the moment i've been on a trip to only put various styles of EDM and way out house on my tandem vids and from what i've seen in the bar after jumping, people dig it. Can't stand the cheesy trance stuff.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky