Zydrius

Custom made harness/containers??? / need advice

Ok, Mr. "Know How to make rigs". Do you think rig have to fits like yours Lycra Jeens? I have a lot of bad things heppend to me be cause my rigs was to short for long years of skydiving - i hurt my back (you can hurt now if your back strap short), almoust dislocate my sholder etc...

Anyway, all you trying to say there - thay your dealer trying to cheat all of your DZ skydivers? So where is the problem? It is only one dealer in the rest of the world? Why u dont try to buy PdF, Vector, Infinity, Mars, Icon Etc?

And if you say dealer allready payd for reparing, where rest of the problem? Because of "bad emotion"... dont be silly indeed. His not responible for all of rigs ever maded. Ohterways a lot of skydiving dealers be in jail right now. So where your problem man?
You dont like Advance rig, or just there something between you ant the dealer?

And who let you jump with rig and canopie 139 sqf inside, which set for canopie 170 sqf??? Your DZ dont have safety staff, or what?

And for the end - you have to know - that longest legs straps are for canopie control. Espacialy if you have fast one. If you doing hop/pop jumps - good idea to realyse a little bit yours legs straps. It will be easyest to handle your canopie. Be cause of center of weight etc...

What i can say, Mr. Zydrius, i know a lot of good persones in skydiving society - Basik staff for egz. And i know a lot of sux persones. In what side you are?

hey guys, don't you think it went a little too far already?
You know, inferno, it is kind of difficult to argue about anything here. You have your friends (Basik) and I have mine (Zydrius and, well, the nameless dealer also ;) ) - so it is easy to guess which side each of us will take :)
The point is - problem was eventually fixed one way or another and we all learned a couple of lessons.

...and I have no doubt that the guys at Basik are nice people B|, so Blue Skies and all that B|

U know, Lui, from the begining this story seems like "one side story", it hit me be cause i very like my Advance ADV0. I had a lot of rigs, some of them was comfortable, som of them - trash containers. I had a lot of problems with manufacturers (in USA especialy), and i know that good rigger can fix somethimes even better if some huge skydive gear factories.

But, what i trying to tell you - it is not good idea to paste pictures of "my wrong rig" here. You simple harming skydive manufakturers, and in this way - your self.
I can paste a lot (believe me) of pictures like this of diferend kind of rigs. Somethimes it is only looks "too bad", somethimes not. My honly opinion your rig is looseless, but not like "international problem". In this kind of fit your never fall out of the rig, in headdown u can - if u not close your chest strap tight.

So, Mr. Zydris, please do not paste any more pictures of this story. Your harming all of us...

Fido, there no such thing like "which side"... You can be novice with 17 jumps, but your can allways figureout do your rig fits well, or not. There no such thing like "it tooks 1.5 year for me to find my rig to big for me"...
When i heard this story first time i thouth this are joke, or this guy just want to get half price for new rig...

Man, whats its 1.5 year for skydiving?!! Everything is changing. Of cause if you not jumping a lot - this not big deal. But in this way, you could still jumping like this.

My honly opinion your rig is looseless, but not like "international problem". In this kind of fit your never fall out of the rig, in headdown u can - if u not close your chest strap tight.

Lately there's been a lot of discussion about falling out of "the hole" on looser fitting skydiving rigs. In the last month there was a tandem passenger fatality because of this very thing. I don't think its wise for manufacturers to believe that ill fitting harnesses are not a potential safety issue.

Man, when u will have a little bit more jumps, u find this sport very dangeros...
Tandem pasanger felt out from Vector Sigma, be cause of bad instructor fitting and hard oppening. Pasanger harnes are adjustable.

For Freefly, Freestile, you HAVE to HAD leg strap junction (!!!), very good condition for punch, and very tight main clossing loop. Acidental falling out of the rig can happened ONLY if you have accidental deploy or accidental canopie oppening! Mr. Zidris allready put small canopie inside this rig. If his man will ever fall out of this rig it is not because of back strap (waist strap) (be cause u have hands outside), but be cause of NOT PROPERLY CANOPIE INSIDE. To chance canopie up to 3th level lower, u HAVE to made some modification for main closing flaps (!!!). Main closing loop will NOT help solve this situation. Your rig allready to loose.

To Fido: what i trying to tell. Manufacturers got messurm. made rig - well done. If they made this rig without back strap, or with one leg strap - this was factory mistake. Now this are dealer mistake. But sorry folks not after few years...

Now this are dealer mistake.

Exactly! The customer complained to the dealer first and apparently didn't like his solution of "unauthorized repair" and probably the attitude in general. Then he complained to the manufacturer, expecting them to take responsibility for their dealer's mistake. The guys at Basik suggested repair at half the price (which is nice, knowing that it is actually a different company now). The customer considered this too expensive (also because of shipment costs). Eventually the rig was fixed as per manufacturer's instructions by a local rigger. As far as I know, the dealer has agreed to cover the costs. The other incorrectly measured rigs will be modified too.

Everything else is emotions. Including your sincere wish to defend your friends at Basik (by the way, no one was actually blaming them here). :)

... and one small thing. Sharing your customer's correspondence with friends or whoever outside the company...well, let's say, I see this as a little unprofessional ;) My regards to the guys at Basik - I actually like their rigs in general and their decission to go on with production after the old company disappeared B|