moodyskydiver

what are you thankful for?

Now is the time to take a good look at your life and see all the wonderful things in it that you're thankful for.So what are you thankful for this year?

I'm thankful for:

-My divorce being final so I can have a real life and not just an existance
-Being back in my hometown again where I belong
-My family being together for the holidays
-My sister's 6 kids,including baby Hannah who is just 5 months old
-My education, since I'll be graduating soon
-Financial Aid for school!
-My job,that is very interesting and rewarding
-My nice co-workers
-My continued good health
-The good health of my family
-The WONDERFUL frineds I have
-The great memories I have of those who cannot be with us here today

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

Mine's kind of melancholy. Sorry...

I'm thankful for modern medical miracles and those that provide them.

If it weren't for the ability to transplant kidneys, my mom wouldn't be here and the holidays would suck without her. If it weren't for the miracle of morphene, I wouldn't have survived the first 24 hours of having donated her new kidney - I would have begged someone to kill me! :P

Flight nurses and trauma centers airlifted my mother-in-law on Thanksgiving day 12 years ago from a frozen highway where she was hit head on by a drunk driver. She flew 50 feet or so out the windshield. They saved her life. Best and worst Thanksgiving ever.

I'm mad as hell that one of the best friends I've ever had is suffering from ALS and likely won't live through the weekend. I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to spend time with him on Friday and say our thanks and good byes. One of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

I'm thankful that I have family that loves me despite all the things that make me me.

I'm thankful for my dogs and my cat and my husband. Not always in that order but sometimes...

I have a roof over my head and food in my fridge and central heating and a pulse.

I have a cast on my foot because my husband broke it for me on Saturday night but I'm thankful that he has now agreed that dancing lessons aren't such a bad idea after all. Not so thankful that this is what it took. I'm also thankful that he is trustworthy with the laundry because I can't carry the baskets down to the basement.

I'm thankful for my friends. The ones I've met, the ones I haven't met and the ones I don't even know about yet.

If you can't laugh at yourself, I'll be happy to do it for you.
Be like the cupcake and suck it up.