Spiracom

London Skydivers

Yeah I'm a londoner who's only just caught up with this thread!

I often go to Hinton or Langar depending on my urge to burn down the motorway (be it on 2 or 4 wheels :p)

Has there already been a big London meet?

The BCPA trip this year did a big London meet before going to Elsinore - it was hillarious - and a great way to make the trip less awkward... Since I was the only "veteran" BCPA tripper I got nicely fueled on beer for my stories. All in all a great Laugh ;)

I reckon it'd be fun to have a nice meet up now the weather's nice :)

Anybody going up to the Nats? If they want a lift I can offer one - and I'll take the car not the bike :p

I'm also going up to BK for Beth's 21st if anyone is interested too.

Has there already been a big London meet?

nah the 1st meet we've planned so far is on the 20th July - if you want to PM me your email address I can add you onto the list of London skydivers that I am putting together if you like, otherwise come and join us on the 20th.

~~~ London Skydivers ~~~

BTW I've got some *top* photos from the Headcorn Summer Ball... Macca, how many jump tickets are you going to give me not to post them on here!!!

Oh please DO post!! I would LOVE to see the photos! Come on Macca..don't buy any tickets. Be a man and let us see the pics. :P

Do it Again!
P.M.S. #22
LaLa Gang #4

eh? did someone not sent me the pictures that sound so bad? i saw the lot that got sent round and theres only one of me, and its not that bad! i've sen a lot worse of me! :D
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

did someone not sent me the pictures that sound so bad? i saw the lot that got sent round and theres only one of me, and its not that bad!

So it's OK to post it then?
Maybe I should ask the opinion of the other person involved... :$

Someone
-x-

Cool, if you see me there at Hinton say hello. I wear a biright purple jumpsuit with lumo yellow grippers, its hideous..

Ye It will be cool to meet up with some dz.comers
Caz I will PM you my mail address then add me on the list please.

M.J

Generally speaking, dropzones in the UK are pretty quiet during the week, you get students and tandems there, but not a lot of fun jumpers due to the horrible 'w' word (work :().

Plus there aren't actually any dz's in London, you need to travel outside to visit one. There are a few people who have posted on here that jump at the various nearer-London dz's (Hinton, Headcorn, Chatteris, Netheravon, Sibson)- they can probably give you better advice on what goes on at those specific dropzones during the week.

~~~ London Skydivers ~~~

Skydiving much around London midweek could be tricky… you could try Headcorn but as with a lot of UK DZs mid-week a lot will depend on how many tandems they have booked in. :S

If you want a great vibe and a pretty cool party, you could drive up to Hibaldstow – it will take you 3 to 4 hours. The 4-way Nationals is on that weekend and finishes on Monday 2nd. The party would be worth it alone! ;) The 8-way and Artistic Nationals is the following weekend and I daresay there’ll be quite a few people around in the week between the two. :)
Just a thought!

Vicki

Theres a few of us going to Empuria Brava for the August bank holiday, anyone else going??
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

The 4-way Nationals is on that weekend and finishes on Monday 2nd.

Less than a month until the Nationals - eek!!! Are you going this year Vicki? I'll be there the Thursday before until Monday 2nd.

So, yeah, great idea... Come to Hib! Last year we finished the competition on Sunday and spent Monday fun jumping... Yup, finished the comp in *2 days*!!! Hib sure knows how to host a competition - and definitely knows how to throw a good party! :)
Steph
-x-

Are you going this year Vicki? I'll be there the Thursday before until Monday 2nd.

Sadly (!) :P not - the weekend of the 4-way Nationals I will be in lovely Sweden jumping the Herc! B|

I'll be there the following weekend for the 8-way Nationals though! :)
Vicki