Spiracom

London Skydivers

Perhaps we should nominate a pub which will become our place to hang out. We could bully the landlord to make it a skydive themed bar, there are certainly enough of us based in London. Somewhere central would be convenient for everyone. Anyone got any suggestions? Maybe we could draw up a short list of the suggestions and organise a pub crawl to inspect them all. ;)

good suggestion! how about some of the little backstreet pubs round Soho (no, not that part of Soho!) theres some really nice ones round that way that are off the beaten tourist track and aren't so busy.

~~~ London Skydivers ~~~

I like Bradley's Spanish Bar just off Oxford Street. It's tucked down a back street out of the way. It is very small however but is good if the weather is nice as everyone tends to stand in the street and play chicken with the taxis (you'll know what I mean if you've been drinking there on a Friday evening!) It even has a proper juke box with real 7inches!!!! Probably too small to be honest but it has to be added to the shortlist for the pub crawl!

jump at Chatteris and also Sibson - or at least I did until I lost my main last w/e

Aw... You haven't found it then? :(

I'd be up for some drinks in town. I may not live/work in London, but I'm only 45mins away... and it's on the way to the DZ :)
Steph
-x-
P.S. Lili, stop lurking and come for a drinkie! :P

Tuesday 20th July sounds good to me.

And as no-one else has stepped up willing to be the 'secretary of the London Jump Club' (nice title by the way Legend, I think I might put it on my CV - should raise a few eyebrows!) I suppose I should temporarily take command unless anyone else really wants to.

If anyone wants to come please PM me your email address and I will put together a list of addresses to confirm things nearer the time.

anyone else got suggestions of pubs that are central but not touristy that we can add to the pub crawl list?

~~~ London Skydivers ~~~

Not sure who Craig P is

That would be me! Live in Harrow, work in Soho, jump at Langar.

Do a Google groups search on london skydiver piss up for an idea.

We used to meet up at the Weatherspoons pub, The Moon under the Water on Charing Cross Road (although I think it has recently changed it's name, it's the old Marquee club), because it has the largest floorspace of any pub in London (I'm sure you can imagine how much space 50 skydivers take up!), as a Weatherspoons pub they don't play any music so it makes it easier to talk (although that policy may have changed recently) and they have a very good selection of relatively cheap food and booze. The piss-ups were generally more popular during the winter when there was less jumping going on and it was dark and horrible outside so people could talk about skydiving since they couldn't actually do it. Summer piss-ups weren't very well attended, especially around the boogie/competition season as we are now, when people are getting their fill of skydiving. Also, depending on the group size, would recommend against a pub crawl, people will be coming and going at all times and it would be like herding cats. Still, I'd be up for a drink or twelve with those who are central and easily able to get together for a drink.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Ah, hello then Craig P!

Well the Wetherspoons in Charing Cross Road sounds a good a place as any to me to start at. We can carry on with some kind of tradition then!

I can be there from about 6-6.15ish.

~~~ London Skydivers ~~~

word up all... hope i'm not too late...

Count me in :)

and any pub is good for me. Theres a nice weather spoons on wardour street just off oxford street. Out the way, not touristy, nice area in the back we can take up, and a weatherspoons (read reasonable london drink prices)
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Count me in - I am back in UK on the 17th after six months alcohol free...

Take over the new job on the 21st - I could start as I mean to go on and turn up late and hungover! B|

PM sent to M'me Sec... :o

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

Hi Big Man, hi everyone, yeah, I am keen to get on the mailing list for booze ups with London skydivers. Although I can't handle the hangovers!!! Caz, I don't really fancy being "secretary" but can help you if you want. PS, thanks for the link to the thread.

XX
www.sneale-create.com