jjiimmyyt

Best Star Trek episode evar

Just watching DS9 - Trials and Tribble-ations.

They bring the dark of DS9, colour of original ST and just a little bit of humour.

"Goddamit Miles! I'm a doctor not a historian!"

Also Dax in that red uniform :)

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

Times Arrow is great.

I have to disagree about Q's intentions though. I think he exposes Picard et al to the Borg to show them what is coming and they better get ready.

Q is totaly omnipotent (discounting others of his kind) so must have future knowledge. Without him the Feds would have had no foreknowledge of the threat they face.

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

If you have Netflix you can watch some of the TNG movies, but I'm not sure about episodes...

I really would like to have the whole TNG series on DVD, but that's a lot of coin and would take a shelf on my entertainment cabinet...I'm not sure if I'm ready to admit my closet geekness.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

They are on repeat all the time on Sky in the UK.

Series link, take the HDD out of my Sky+ box and rip the mpeg, instant series.

Probably would have been easier to torrent but that would be against the law and I'd never admit that to a cop;)

Just watching DS9 - Trials and Tribble-ations.

They bring the dark of DS9, colour of original ST and just a little bit of humour.

"Goddamit Miles! I'm a doctor not a historian!"

Also Dax in that red uniform :)

I think the best episodes, so far is ''The best of both worlds part 1 and part 2'' where Picard has been abducted by the Borg, The second best IMHO is ''I Borg''. where a Borg is brought back to the Enterprise to be studied.

Among the famous quotes, i like this one from the holographic doctor onboard Voyager:

''I'm a doctor, not a door stop'' :D

Yves.

Did you ever watch much DS9? Love the long story arc, (idea ripped from Babylon 5 and used in new BSG) so much better acting and brilliant real names of the actors;) Nana Visitor??? wtf?

I watched a bit of DS9 and I just couldn't get into it. I tried too. I tried a little to get into Enterprise, but I kept going "dude, McGuyver cut his mullet..."

Nah he just jumped into the wrong body:S also what was up with the bloody song rather than a theme tune? Brana/Brega looking at you you bastards.

Ah, right, I have my actors all turned around don't I?

Oh well, I still couldn't get into Enterprise, watched a bit of the first season on DVD and it just didn't do it for me.

I am excited about the new movie, though!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Best episode ever?

What's the episode where Kirk and the Romulan Captain played by Mark Leonard (later to be Spock's father) are battling space ships and spouting lines of Shakespeare?

The original series had so many great true science fiction stories it's really hard to pick.

What's the name of the one with the two planets that play war games to determine who to kill in their wars then they execute their own people so it's "only" people that die and not buildings or culture? Holy crap that's fuckin' genius.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Ah, right, I have my actors all turned around don't I?

Oh well, I still couldn't get into Enterprise, watched a bit of the first season on DVD and it just didn't do it for me.

I am excited about the new movie, though!

If you like DS9, I guess you'll like ''Far beyond the stars'' of season 5 or 6, if i'm not mistaken. A very good episode.

Yves.

Kind of agree on Enterprise but it did get better towards the end but it was too late by then.

Not sure on the reboot for the film, doesn't seem canon, has feel of Mutt from the new Indy, rumours are its all down to timeline stuff but I'll still probably go see it, buy the DVD etc etc.

Still hoping for more B5 stuff (BSG has turned into a soap opera).

Best episode ever?

What's the episode where Kirk and the Romulan Captain played by Mark Leonard (later to be Spock's father) are battling space ships and spouting lines of Shakespeare?

The original series had so many great true science fiction stories it's really hard to pick.

What's the name of the one with the two planets that play war games to determine who to kill in their wars then they execute their own people so it's "only" people that die and not buildings or culture? Holy crap that's fuckin' genius.

Oooh, forgot that one. Very good but still not as as good as mentioned.

btw - Was wondering when you'd chime in Paul ;)

Ok, for pure joy and watchability . . . "A Piece of the Action."

Not their most serious piece of science fiction, but I crack up at the misuse of idiom every time.

". . . or you'll find yourself wearing concrete galoshes"
"You mean cement overshoes?"
"Uh, yeah."
quade -

I love the past Earth stories they do. Don't know the name of the ep of ST: NG when Data's head is found but it introduced me to Mark Twain's writings, dont hear much about him in the UK apart from Huck Finn.

I love the past Earth stories they do. Don't know the name of the ep of ST: NG when Data's head is found but it introduced me to Mark Twain's writings, dont hear much about him in the UK apart from Huck Finn.

Don't remember the name, but it was a season cliffhanger as I recalled. Ended one season with part two being the first episode of the next wasn't it?
quade -