Yoshi

burned out

btw - this is also the point you will find out who your true friends in this sport are, and which ones just happen to be in your life because you visit the same DZ.

That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. Of course the people you skydive with are your friends only because you skydive. Like everything else; work friends and hobby friends usually go once you discontinue either working somewhere or stop some hobby. Friendship is Dependant upon time together and similar interests and if you take that away, then friendship usually follows.

btw - this is also the point you will find out who your true friends in this sport are, and which ones just happen to be in your life because you visit the same DZ.

That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. Of course the people you skydive with are your friends only because you skydive. Like everything else; work friends and hobby friends usually go once you discontinue either working somewhere or stop some hobby. Friendship is Dependant upon time together and similar interests and if you take that away, then friendship usually follows.

Dude this thread died in 2005:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Dude this thread died in 2005:ph34r::ph34r:

Did Yoshi ever come back???? I gotta know. :ph34r:

Wow, this is like the return of the Mummy.:P

He posted a month or so back...got hitched, reproduced and is flying choppers for fun....livin' somewhere in the mid-west. B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Well... funny thing... I just decided to hop on here and see if anything new has happened and what do I see? this post I started years and years ago. Crazy. So here is the DL:

I have stopped jumping. I sold my gear and everything. In fact there were a few close skydivers that I gave a handfull of gear to just as a thank you for being such a good frind in the sport...you know who you are:)

I have about 150 hours flying helicopters now, but my school went bankrupt (perhaps you have heard of the silver state helicopter scams) and I am now in limbo flying while I am in the middle of a 350 million dollar lawsuit

Whoever brought this thread back to life was right...the friends that I made and only skydove with and nothing else have since parted ways. I have met quite a few fantastic and talented people in my years of skydiving, but those who I only interacted with at the DZ have never kept in touch (I suppose that is a bit my fault too).

This website was something that I cast away with my skydiving career, but recently decided to check back in once and a while to see how people were doing.

The wife referrenced in my original post is no longer my wife. we divorced a couple years ago-due to several things, but I am now with a fantastic woman and mother to my 15 month old daughter :):):)

I have relocated back to the mid-west: indianapolis to be exact. I am a proud first time home owner now too.

kinda crazy that this thread came back alive... I have only been on this site like 3 times in the past 3 years..once about a month ago as already stated.

I dont plan to get back into skydiving. It gave me some of the most memorable moments of my life and contributed amazingly to who I am no...I do admit, that I miss the sky, the people, the friendships, the boogies, the partying, even packing in the blistering heat with sweat dripping off my chin (but anyone that knows me know that I was never one to be too particular with my own psyco packjobs averaging about 5 minutes from start to finish)

I am glad to see some things will never change, but as I brouse the site I am dissapointed that other things will always stay the same.

so... to sum it up... THANK YOU! thanks for all the great times and memories and I hope the sky and everyone I shared it with misses me as much as I miss you.

Yoshi, glad to hear things are well in your family life and I hope the flying works out for you and Silver State pays back everyone. Not sure if you remember me, but met you when you came for our altitude chamber course (I taught your Hypoxia class) at the NBL back a few years ago. Good luck with everything.........Buck

Aaawww, man, how could you quit skydiving and at least not get into BASE jumping?!

Sad to see people go, I don't even know you, but it's just sad seeing how they don't have any feelings for the sport, I have no idea why, but this feeling sucks. [:/]

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

yeah... the low pull stuff.. I gotta admit as stupid as it was, I had a blast doing it...

oh... and I did get one BASE in before I stopped jumping... not too many people knew about it I guess, but it was a blast... in fact. that was mine and renee's (fiance) first date..lol... it started off a dave and busters and ended up with her helping out with ground crew...lol

awe;) I miss many things in the sport...the people mainly and all of the close frienships I had at the dz... those kind of friends are few and far between now... I hope all is well, and tell everyone at the dz I said hello..

I was looking thru some pics the other day and found some of then you just learned to sit fly and I was head down snapping pics of ya like a japanese tourist (lol...I guess my roots show when I have a camera strapped to my head at 150+mph!)

Yoshi--- If you miss the air and the people, what keeps you away still? Just curious...

Tom

I have been out this long and I just dont look at the sky the same. I was getting pretty good when I quit and I know I would be starting back quite a bit in freefly and swooping.. not like Im going to go back out and within a few weekends be swooping like I was a couple years ago..

I also have a 1 year old now, and while many skydivers have kids I dont want to risk hurting myself badly or worse and leave my fiance and baby girl without me to support them...

I also dont have the time and money anymore, but I am sure I will occasionally stop by the dropzone to say hi to old friens, and this site has actually got me back in touch with a few..