alanab

my friend needs major prayers and good vibes

a wbc count of 1 is not good. it means he has no immune system to fight off anything. a high wbc means that infection is present and your body as released cells to fight off infection. Normal is 5-11 or around there depending on the lab. I know that this is stressing you out...hang in there.

eta: this is why they are only letting his family in there right now. When they do see him I wouldn't be surprised if they have to wear gowns/mask so that they don't pass anything onto him. hugs sweetie.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

this info is from his mom, please donate if you are eligible:

Well we finally have the details for any of you that are interested in Donating Blood/Plasma. We know that so many people have expressed their love and concern for Zachary and want to help in anyway they can. So here is the way to help. A replenishment drive has been set up for Zach. As i mentioned before Zach is Blood type A- and can receive A-or O- blood. We are asking that everyone regardless of blood type please donate in Zach's honor. Zach will eventually receive units of blood and everyone donation will help replenish our nations supply.

Here are the details: Please visit www.bonfils.com there are 8 locations to donate. In addition review the 9 pre-screening questions...things that might eliminate you from being a donor at this time. Then head to your nearest Bonfils and donate away. When you go in mention Group # 6947 Or Zach Ficco Replenishment Drive. This group # 6947 will take effect on 11/21. Please support Zach and our blood bank supplies even if you are not his blood type.

We are working on having the Local news stations broadcast this drive on Zachary's behalf. So you may see his name and the effort on the news.

So put on your Rally Caps we are going to make baby-steps back up the mountain!!!

You could also start a website through caringbridge.com. It's a website especially made for people with illnesses and allows you to post phots, write in a journal, and have others write messages in the guestbook. We did it for my mom and it was a wonderful way to keep everyone updated and receive many warm thoughts and wishes. And when it's done, you can turn it into a book.

My thoughts are with you!

Your right..if it was 0 and now 1 that is an improvement. Hopefully he will do well with the chemo and kick this out of his system;)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

the blood drive starts today!
i donated this morning and dont plan on boozing tonight... but they tell everyone to have a big meal before you drink alcohol within 24 hours... if you are going to!

there has already been a great turn out by my efforts alone in this blood drive!

he's still hanging in there... so keep all the prayers and vibes coming... he can fight it!