alanab

my friend needs major prayers and good vibes

i just found out yesterday that a good friend of mine, zach, has a rare form of T-cell Lymphoma vs. Leukemia exacerbated by the Epstin-Barr Virus... needless to say he is in critical condition and on life support. there is nothing anyone can do to help at this point besides pray. i know none of you know him, but he deserves all the help he can get right now. he's strong and young (23) and a fighter. we know he can make it through this. he has made 1 skydive and is interested in more, so he's part of our family. his mom is updating a blog about him here: http://zachfax.blogspot.com, if anyone is interested. does anyone have any experience with this nasty disease? i am so upset and need support for my friend.

i just found out yesterday that a good friend of mine, zach, has a rare form of T-cell Lymphoma vs. Leukemia exacerbated by the Epstin-Barr Virus... needless to say he is in critical condition and on life support. there is nothing anyone can do to help at this point besides pray. i know none of you know him, but he deserves all the help he can get right now. he's strong and young (23) and a fighter. we know he can make it through this. he has made 1 skydive and is interested in more, so he's part of our family. his mom is updating a blog about him here: http://zachfax.blogspot.com, if anyone is interested. does anyone have any experience with this nasty disease? i am so upset and need support for my friend.

I hope he pulls through this. All my best wishes and thoughts to you and his family.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Made it clicky.

>>>> to Zach

BP
:)

Hugs to you. I will keep you both in my prayers...hopefully the fact that he is young and strong will help him pull through.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Lymphomas are not the death sentence that some cancers are. They can be treated. EBV can be a precurser. There are some very very good oncologists in the 303. Bump this every so often so we remember to update on the blog.

Best wishes to you. Be strong and let your friend see, feel, and feed off of your strength.

he's got t-cell lymphoma and leukemia and EBV... i would be by his side in a heartbeat if visitors were allowed. i want to donate bone marrow if i am a match, and blood too. anything. im so upset and sad. i know he can fight through this, it will be a long road to recovery, but hes got a strong support network to help him get through it.

Sorry about Zach. Vibes and prayers coming your way.

As a previous poster said, some forms of lymphoma have a high cure rate. I personally don't know for sure about cure rates for T-cell lymphoma. There are so many specific cell types and circumstances that come into play, but suffice it to say many lymphomas are curable, and let's pray that his is.

Doc
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

The odds that you would be a bone marrow match are pretty minute, but you can still get yourself into the bone marrow registry.

PSA> You can get into the national bone marrow registry. Your information will stay in there and you may eventually be a match and be able to save a life.
I've been in the registry for 15 years. No matches yet, but I would be very happy to be able to help someone out.

You and your friend are in my prayers.
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

thanks everyone! he has 1 WBC according to his mom' blog.. not sure what that means medically, but it sounds good!

Good thoughts and prayers for your friend and his family/friends. Hope he pulls out of it quickly!

WBC is short for White Blood Cells, which are part of the immune system and defend the body against various diseases. A WBC count is the total amount of white blood cells. Having an extremely high amount of WBC's can be an indication of an infection/diseases, such as what your friend is experiencing. In this case if the amount of WBC is dropping, it could mean that his immune system is successfully fighting the disease and the disease is subsiding. Just a thought..and here's to hoping that he gets healthy quickly.