Stuntbabex

Would you be upset?

I don't even let my Mrs pick my rig up. Its not a arse hole thing, its a "i dont want you touching life saving equipment" thing.

Seriously? You don't let your wife touch your rig? Yikes... that's a bit much don't you think? I mean, really, what could she do to it? It's not like she's going to take a carving knife down the side of it... that one time when i was REALLY mad at you for coming home late smelling like liquor and i thought you were cheating on me with that skank next door who is 20 years younger than me but later found out it was ok so i replaced your parachute before you ever knew anything different, or something like that, Sheesh.

fixed it for you!
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

It's as simple as investing in a good gearbag. That way when you don't feel like packing after the last load is down at least it's contained and protected.

My wife came up with a great idea. We both carry nylon laundry bags with pull ties on them. They can be purchased for a buck at any store like Wal-Mart or whatever you have in your area. If we end up needing to leave in a hurry we just daisy chain the lines and stuff the canopy and lines into the bag all the way up to the risers and pull the ties tight. Protects the canopy. Shouldn't be a problem unless your roommate thinks that silver handle is for easier carrying. :o
It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.

Its just rude.

RUDE is leaving your shit all over the place.
Rude is NOT moving said shit show the place can be cleaned. Get over yourself, and thank the roomies for being considerate enough not to throw your shit on you bed with a polite note about keeping the common areas tidy
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

She just didnt like it being there so she dragged it to my room.

Ah, so you finally answered the golden question: you had your own bedroom, yet you left the implement of preserving your life out in the common area.
Everything else flows from that.
I mean, it's not like it was your guitar, or your bookbag; it was your (unpacked!!) parachute, for fuck's sake.
Now run this by us again: Who are you upset at?

Its just rude.

RUDE is leaving your shit all over the place.
Rude is NOT moving said shit show the place can be cleaned. Get over yourself, and thank the roomies for being considerate enough not to throw your shit on you bed with a polite note about keeping the common areas tidy

Thanks, mother.:|

I think both of you should come to the agreement that nothing should be left in the common area once you have vacated the common area for an hour or so. It's just common courtesy to make the living area comfortable for each other. An unpacked rig is messy and stinky, I wouldn't want it laying around either.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Yeah I would. Your rig is not just a spendy piece of sports equipment. It's that too, but more importantly, it's a piece of LIFE SAVING equipment. Because EVERY time you use it, it saves your life. Even when you're having fun and it opens perfectly at some ridiculous 3500+ ft of altitude.

You need to give your roomate the briefing. And YOU need to take TOTAL control of your rig. It's YOUR life riding on that baby.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

If you had left your unpacked rig in a corner of your apt

This is the part that still has me is shock ... leaving the dz with a unpacked rig, is a big no no >:(:$

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

I think both of you should come to the agreement that nothing should be left in the common area once you have vacated the common area for an hour or so. It's just common courtesy to make the living area comfortable for each other. An unpacked rig is messy and stinky, I wouldn't want it laying around either.

Stinky? What have you been doing on your rig?;)
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I also came home one time to my skydiving rig to find the silver handle pulled by my lovely mum trying to move it. My fault there leaving it in the hallway.

People that don't know gear tend to think the silver handle is how you pick it up...makes sense, why ELSE would the be a nifty handle on it?! ;)

Part of my 'routine' is to tie a contrasting pull-up around the MLW at the pocket to insure 'helping hands' don't inadvertly cost me fifty bucks...just remember to make it a part of your 'routine' to take it back OFF at the DZ! :ph34r:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=80351;

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I can understand why one would be upset, however you need to make sure that your gear is taken care of. Perhaps if you bought a storage container like those rubbermade tubs If you don't pack your rig you can leave it in there, or get some contractor grade garbage bags to put your parachute in while it is waiting to be packed.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Yeah I would. Your rig is not just a spendy piece of sports equipment. It's that too, but more importantly, it's a piece of LIFE SAVING equipment. Because EVERY time you use it, it saves your life. Even when you're having fun and it opens perfectly at some ridiculous 3500+ ft of altitude.

You need to give your roomate the briefing. And YOU need to take TOTAL control of your rig. It's YOUR life riding on that baby.

I agree!
But since it's already unpacked, it wouldn't be much of a hassle to give it a good look over. Honestly, I really don't think I'd be upset unless there was damage found or handles pulled.
You should prolly keep it in your room next time little lady! ;-)
www.theflystyle.com

"When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be." -L.D.

uuhhh......

where the fuck did this dead horse come from I wonder

:S

Found this in the 'other' thread...and I could help but to think this is the perfect example.

"Some people can't help but be a douchbag when they're being honest or some people can't help but be honest when they are being a douchbag"

Cheers pal ;)
www.theflystyle.com

"When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be." -L.D.

uuhhh......

where the fuck did this dead horse come from I wonder

:S

Found this in the 'other' thread...and I could help but to think this is the perfect example.

"Some people can't help but be a douchbag when they're being honest or some people can't help but be honest when they are being a douchbag"

Cheers pal ;)

ooooh yeah... that other thread ..riiight.

i don't comprehend the whole douchebag is a douchebag thing though...but it sounds pretty cool

might leave an asshole or two in suspense thinking about that one.

right on then, cheers to you too bud :D
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell