jjiimmyyt

Finally understand why i don't like The Eagles

Just watched a great documentary on the late 60's/early 70s music scene in LA. Found out about alot of people I need to get into (esp Jackson Brown). Never knew Nash was from Manc land.

But what surprised me was The Eagles, they deliberately set out to make money and didn't give a shit about the actual music really. Weird.

anyways off to get some CSNY:)

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

"Come on, man. I had a rough night and I hate the fuckin' Eagles, man!"

Well, OK, I like Hotel California, even if they ripped off Jethro Tull to make the song. The rest of the Eagles pretty much sounds like country music, though. Blech.

Now, Tull, that's a good group.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

But what surprised me was The Eagles, they deliberately set out to make money

Haven't seen the documentary so I don't know how it was put across, but I don't see why this should surprise you so much.

Being a musician is a career to many, and surely most produce songs they think will be popular and thus sell records and concert tickets. I do have a soft spot for The Eagles - just because they made music to sell, doesn't mean it's not good music.

Was this from interviews with the band, or just the documentary maker's opinion?

Everyone's entitled to thier opinion.

I liked some of it and some of it was obviously pop to make the bucks. Henley's solo stuff was good.

Cant say that I hate all of any musicians work. Too closed minded.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

But what surprised me was The Eagles, they deliberately set out to make money and didn't give a shit about the actual music really. Weird.

anyways off to get some CSNY and a side of Mitchel

*** It's the same at my DZ. The packers there are only in it for the money!

John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

"Come on, man. I had a rough night and I hate the fuckin' Eagles, man!"

That sounds like something I would have said.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

If you're going to hate them at least hate them accurately.

The band is "Eagles", not "The Eagles".

On a side note: Do you know what the band members who make music for art rather than money say to me?

Do you want fries with that?
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

You don't like Joni Mitchell? Wow.

That either went over your head, or I stated it badly. I'll try again. I adore Joni Mitchell. Her musical and lyrical composition, her guitar virtuosity, her magical and incredible voice, her face, her hair, her lips, her eyes, her laugh, the curvature of her back. In college, I used to (try to) seduce girls in my dorm room to the tunes of her album Song to a Seagull. When I learned to play guitar, she was one of my inspirations. I still like to play open tunings to emulate her style. I really dig Graham Nash's music, too. Ah, but for a couple of years, he was her live-in boyfriend; thus, my former teen-age faux-jealousy.

Get it now?

That either went over your head, or I stated it badly. I'll try again. I adore Joni Mitchell. Her musical and lyrical composition, her guitar virtuosity, her magical and incredible voice, her face, her hair, her lips, her eyes, her laugh, the curvature of her back. I really dig Graham Nash's music, too. Ah, but for a couple of years, he was her live-in boyfriend; thus, my former teen-age faux-jealousy.

Get it now?

I was torn between the two possibilities also.
you phrased it like a lawyer:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: ambiguously:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

They were popular as hell in the 70's, but a little too country mellow for my tastes. I enjoyed them more when they picked up Joe Walsh B| in '75 and did "Life in the Fast Lane."

I still got some James Gang on vinyl. Mmmm. Album cover says "Made loud to be played loud." Gotta love that stuff.:)

That either went over your head, or I stated it badly. I'll try again. I adore Joni Mitchell. Her musical and lyrical composition, her guitar virtuosity, her magical and incredible voice, her face, her hair, her lips, her eyes, her laugh, the curvature of her back. I really dig Graham Nash's music, too. Ah, but for a couple of years, he was her live-in boyfriend; thus, my former teen-age faux-jealousy.

Get it now?

I was torn between the two possibilities also.
you phrased it like a lawyer:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: ambiguously:P

Ya know...I never got that whole Brit humor thing.[:/]
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Ya know...I never got that whole Brit humor thing.[:/]

Being an American, I know what you mean.
:|

Actually, I do love John Cleese in Fawlty Towers. And Ab Fab.

I'm an Aussie:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?