CSpenceFLY

Looking for a home for a neighbors dog.

We are trying to find a home for a dog that one of our neighbors are getting rid of. Molly is a 2-3 yr old lab/beagle mix. She looks like a small Black Lab. She is a very sweet dog and is well behaved. She is an indoor/outdoor dog.

She spends about half of her time here at our house cause she doesn't get enough attention at home. We would keep her but we would have to pen her up to keep her from going back to her other home and I don't want to do that.

Spayed? House trained? Pic?

She is fixed.

I would class her as house trained.She will go to the door when she wants to go out. We have left her in our house for several hours and not had a problem.

I will try to get a pic up later today.

Yes, the neighbors know they are getting rid of her.
My neighbor called last night and said since they had spent alot of money on things around the house(remodel,painted porches, new outdoor furniture) and they can't keep her off of the new stuff(because they won't make an effort to train her) they wanted to get rid of her.

Molly was a stray that showed up here about a year and a half ago. They took her in and have taken good care of her.Regular visits to the vet and all. I was very surprised to get this call.

She is a great dog. As I said, I would keep her but we would have to pen or chain her to keep her from going back to her other home.

I first met Molly when she was a puppy. She really is a sweet, good natured dog. If I was dog person I'd take her in a minute.
Maybe ChaosKitty or Lauraliscious are ready to adopt to big sister for their recently acquired pups :ph34r:;)

Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

Spence, that sounds like a perfect dog for me. Right now is not good though because I am watching Peanut's piece of crap Reefer dog. He isn't going to be home until the spring. He told me the dog was house trained / asked to go out, she has peed on the carpet three times so far and she will not stay off the couch. I keep her in the kitchen behind a baby gate when I am not home and when I am sleeping, she loves to be outside patroling the nieghborhood and barking like crazy. I can't stand a barking dog and she is of the "yapper" variety. It has been an adjustment for me but she is a sweetheart, I sure would like a lab mix though.

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

I don't want to have to keep her in a pen. I would rather find her a good home.

Aren't you worried about letting her run free? Getting hit by a car, etc? Taken to the pound? (by pen I was actually thinking about a fenced in yard.)

First, she is not my dog, we have an indoor dog.
Second, we live in the country. Most people let their dogs run free in their yards.

I don't want to have to keep her in a pen. I would rather find her a good home.

Aren't you worried about letting her run free? Getting hit by a car, etc? Taken to the pound? (by pen I was actually thinking about a fenced in yard.)

First, she is not my dog, we have an indoor dog.
Second, we live in the country. Most people let their dogs run free in their yards.

Obviously I meant if you were to take her :P

Second, just curious but you don't worry about coyotes getting your dogs? I can't imagine dogs staying in unfenced yards, especially in the country if you aren't home. Although my grandparents did have dogs that would stay by the house if they were inside.

Maybe ChaosKitty or Lauraliscious are ready to adopt to big sister for their recently acquired pups :ph34r:;)

I have met Molly too, and she is a sweet dog. I'm just not sure we can handle another dog right now either. Plus we are crate training and I think it'd be tough to crate train a 2-3 y.o. dog, but I could be wrong about that. John's parents are moving to the ATL though, maybe I'll ask them. His dad might say yes, but his mom will probably say no. :D

Seriously, I hope you/they are able to find a good home for Molly. She does seem like a good dog.

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091