guppie01

Anyone have a week off and want to drive from MD to CA (all expenses paid)

Ya know, I can't say enough about Toyota quality.

I have a 2001 Toyota Rav4 with 189k miles, same clutch, no major mechanical issues (except the make believe ones that the dealer tries to scam me on), brakes have only needed to be replaced once. It's a fucking MACHINE man!!! ;)

Can you say that about a Chevy????

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

RAV4 to an FJ..nice upgrade!!!

you must have gotten you a sugar daddy or something:D

Nah, I've had a sugar daddy before - not worth the headache!!!

HA, funny thing is if I can make this deal happen... the FJ will have cost less than what I paid for the Rav4.

Cross your fingers for me.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
OMG, is she okay?

It might be cheaper to have the thing put on a truck and hauled. Or did you look into that already? There are companies that do that specifically. (course you might know that already)

LOL Yeah, I actually work in the industry and if I want the car trucked within a week it will cost me 2500.

The problem is most truck carriers do not specifically hual cargo from 1 side of the country to the other, and when they get to that destination it's difficult for them to find cargo to hual back to get them home. Although rail may be an option for me.

Looking at all my options right now, and compiling the cost's.

g

Tell ya what i'll do... you pay for my flight to the states, over to MD and the gas, I'll drive 'er back to Cali. I'll cover my own food and my return flight. I don't use hotels... just rest stops. This is all provided there's a case of Jack Daniel's waiting at the door when I show up.:P

I drove from Eglin AFB in the panhandle of FL to Eloy AZ in 30 hours. Left on a Tuesday, got there on a Wednesday. That even included an hour stop to visit with BoosterMPS in Houston.

Get me there on the 23rd and I'll have your car there by Christmas.;)B|
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

LOL Gonzo, a one way ticket from Japan to MD would cost me more than trucking!!!

Good try though!!! :ph34r:

g

I'm not so sure... it's 1400 for a round trip right now, and it was 700 charged to the govt. for my one way trip from seattle to Japan:)
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

When does this need to happen? What kind of car? Condition and mileage?

Within the year
Toyota FJ
Brand spankin new - o mileage.

g

I think an option to explore is asking a local dealer to take on the delivery of the car. The MD dealer gets the profit from the sale and the local dealer makes a profit on the delivery. Ask the two dealers work something out about the delivery.
How hard can it be to get them to ship to CA instead of MD?

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Within the year
Toyota FJ

g

I think an option to explore is asking a local dealer to take on the delivery of the car. The MD dealer gets the profit from the sale and the local dealer makes a profit on the delivery. Ask the two dealers work something out about the delivery.
How hard can it be to get them to ship to CA instead of MD?

\

Trust me, this is something we are also looking at.

I am exploring every available option to find the most cost effective solution.

g
OMG, is she okay?

I don't get it. Why did you purchase a vehicle in Md. when you're in Cali.?

I have not purchased the car yet... There is a dealer in MD that can offer me the car for a ton less than the dealerships out here...

Best case, we can get a dealer locally to work with us, worst case I will get the car moved from MD to CA.

g
OMG, is she okay?

I can't believe after two days no one has offered to do this for sexual favors in return. I mean this is the bonfire.:D

If that's an option let me be the first to offer.:):D

You dirty boy Spence! :D

g
OMG, is she okay?

Within the year
Toyota FJ

g
Does it matter if the driver takes some "Cross-Country" routes?? :)
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

I have not purchased the car yet... There is a dealer in MD that can offer me the car for a ton less than the dealerships out here...

Best case, we can get a dealer locally to work with us, worst case I will get the car moved from MD to CA.

g

CA has different requirements on emission controls than other states. The vehicles are actually different from one state to another, specifically CA. That may be where the price differential is coming from.
CA dmv is also wise to people that purchase a car in some other state to avoid CA sales tax.
Maybe a visit to the CA dmv web site is in order?
I recall that there is an explanation about the sales tax issue on the CA dmv site.
Something that you have to have the vehicle registered in the first state for some time period ( 6 months or greater?? ) to avoid sales tax in CA.
Check this out because you might end up paying sales tax in two states.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

g

CA has different requirements on emission controls than other states. The vehicles are actually different from one state to another, specifically CA. That may be where the price differential is coming from.
CA dmv is also wise to people that purchase a car in some other state to avoid CA sales tax.
I recall that there is an explanation about the sales tax issue on the CA dmv site.
Something that you have to have the vehicle registered in the first state for some time period ( 6 months or greater?? ) to avoid sales tax in CA.

Those are some damn good points. It would suck to take it in for smog certification and find out you had to have $5000 dollars worth of dealer add-ons.

Plus like you said most states have gotten wise to the sales tax scams.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

g

I'm well aware of the emissions and the tax and registrations. I have it covered....

But thanks for talking to me like I'm an idiot!

g
OMG, is she okay?