Squeak

Atlanta

Savanah or Atlanta, traveling down from Washington to Florida, which would be the better option, Savanah or Atlanta?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

dont want to compare them i am driving down from the north and will only visit one place, just want to know if one is preferred over the other.

Savannah sound more enchanting :)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

probably easier to say what i am NOT looking for

not looking for just another big city. looking for something that tells me about Georgia or the South, something that's got some character and history and charm
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

probably easier to say what i am NOT looking for

not looking for just another big city. looking for something that tells me about Georgia or the South, something that's got some character and history and charm

sounds mor elike Savannah than Atlanta then.

and for the love of god is ANYONE tells you to go to Helen, Ga looking for 'character'.......... DON'T!!!!!
It's not the speed that kills ya, it's the sudden stops!

OMG Globe trekker is showing Southeast USA, Carolinas, Georgia, and Virginia

they are talking a Shagging :D:D in Sth Carolina :)

My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

OMG Globe trekker is showing Southeast USA, Carolinas, Georgia, and Virginia

they are talking a Shagging :D:D in Sth Carolina :)

yes, Shagging the official State dance :ph34r:

Savannah is a great stop, great city to walk around, small shops, rerstaurants, lots to see, a lot of history

General Sherman (Northern General killing a bunch of innocent people during the war of Norther Aggression) marched through Atlanta and burned it down (as he did everywhere he went) he then took Savannah in late December, he contacted President Lincoln and said that Savannah was beautiful and he offered it to Lincoln for Christmas, thus it was not burned so there are some of the oldest houses in the South in Savannah, there are plaques or metal sign boards all over the place telling the history

if you have time Charleston is a great stop, bigger than Savannah and more history, if you go PM me and I'll help you find a good inexpensive hotel - I may even be in town
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

Definitely Savannah. Make sure you take a carriage ride around the city, you'll learn a lot about the history.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

dont want to compare them i am driving down from the north and will only visit one place, just want to know if one is preferred over the other.

Savannah sound more enchanting :)

Definitely Savannah then...it's right on the I-95 corridor. It also has a preserved history to it, since it didn't get burned by Sherman's army. Great food, great character. Nice city.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Based on what you are saying you want to see Savannah is definitely the better choice.
If you are driving down I 75 Savannah is NOT on your route but worth the detour. Visit Tybee Island while you are there, too.
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

We got character yes we do, we got character how bout you??

:S:D:D:ph34r:B|

Savannah would be my recommendation. Although I don't believe Atlanta is just another big city, but we've got big city problems that could jack your visit up.

Also, Atlanta kind of lost it's Southern ness in my opinion.

Skymama's #2 stalker -

Also, Atlanta kind of lost it's Southern ness in my opinion.

Lost it!!! Has it every had it's "Southern-ness" in your lifetime? :P:D

Yeah, when I first moved here it was around and noticeable. I'd say it's been hard to find for some time now though. Such it what happens though.
No one is saying it's a bad thing.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

If you want some good crack, and the roughness of the city atmosphere, sure go to Atl. You will see all kinds of poor and withered away culture, and probably get to see someone selling drugs or a beautiful transvestite with ass milk running down his legs on the streets.

Savannah has a nationally known art/graphic design, law, and medical school, beautiful scenery, and the educational level per capitia is 7:1 versus Atl for Bachelor degrees. Stay away from Atlanta. It’s a sad, and run down city. Watch out for the Fekitaeh if you do go to Atlanta..

If you want some good crack, and the roughness of the city atmosphere, sure go to Atl. You will see all kinds of poor and withered away culture, and probably get to see someone selling drugs or a beautiful transvestite with ass milk running down his legs on the streets.

Savannah has a nationally known art/graphic design, law, and medical school, beautiful scenery, and the educational level per capitia is 7:1 versus Atl for Bachelor degrees. Stay away from Atlanta. It’s a sad, and run down city. Watch out for the Fekitaeh if you do go to Atlanta..

well ummm since no one else has stood up for this town yet I will.

I'm sure where you live is just peachy keen and full of nothing but butterflies and fountains of gold.
Give me a break. Atlanta isn't a shit city, it's got problem areas just like every city in the USA, including Savannah.

SMB
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Will do, see if you can drag the deaf one along too:)

Thanks for the thought, but it's an awful long way for me to Savannah. I'm 2 hours west of Atlanta. [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban