Chris-Ottawa

What to do in Florida?

Ok...I'm gonna be in Florida on Monday and will be staying for 3 weeks. I'm looking for advice from some locals and/or regulars who have ideas for activities other than jumping.

I'm 25 so I'm looking for stuff besides the lawn bowling and horseshoe clubs. I currently plan to hit up OWC in Orlando for some Wakeboarding, The tunnel in Orlando, and the keys.

I need more ideas on some cool stuff to do!

Any ideas are appreciated!

Thanks in advance
"When once you have tasted flight..."

I'm staying at Zhills for the duration, see campsite # 43...Tenting it. (I'm not aware of a site #43, but that's where I'll be...same place as last year if it's available.)

I meant things off DZ...like, things that people who "don't" skydive think are fun.

Like hookers, crack and Ferris Wheels...oooh, and go karts Haha!

You could go to one of the freshwater springs for the wildlife, or go to Ybor City in Tampa for the night-life. Check NASA's launch schedule to see if there will be any rockets launched from Cape Canaveral while you're there. If not, a visit to Kennedy Space Center is still fun.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

Perfect!

Never thought of the space center. That will be good fun!

Anyone have ideas on anything/anywhere cool in the everglades? Not sure if they have swamp boat tours or anything, but that would be fun.

I'm sure Florida has so many great places to go aside from Disney!

Thanks!

You could go to one of the freshwater springs for the wildlife, or go to Ybor City in Tampa for the night-life. Check NASA's launch schedule to see if there will be any rockets launched from Cape Canaveral while you're there. If not, a visit to Kennedy Space Center is still fun.

Kennedy is a pretty cool place and if you do go to Kennedy take a tour they're worth the money, but if there is a launch be sure to get tickets to it as soon as possible because they usually go within minutes of going on sale, or so says the tour guide i had when i went there the summer before last.
edit: you could also go to Daytona beach

well, last time i was in florida, i got to spend a whole week shooting, wrecking cars, free beer and food...

oh, and the getting tazed and OC'ed... that was about the only downside

still a fun school!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

owc is pretty cool, i also recommend the projects wakeboard camp if you are serious wakeboarder, i have been there a couple of times and it rips.. pat panakos was running it,, but looks like it is under new ownership.. check it out. lot of pros ride there

p
dont let life pass you by

When you go to the Keys, there's a place in Marathon where you can swim with dolphins. It's a very cool experience. You can also do that in Discovery Cove at Sea World.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Go to Palatka. If you get up early enough, you get to see Art naked.

Man, no one ever told me that. He needs better advertising!
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Man, no one ever told me that. He needs better advertising!

*** I told him the same thing. That's why he had "www.skydivepalatka.com", the 800 number, and a brief overview of the AFF course tatooed on his privates. It's been a real boon for buisness.

John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

Anyone have ideas on anything/anywhere cool in the everglades? Not sure if they have swamp boat tours or anything, but that would be fun.
reply]

There are a bunch of different companies that do Airboat tours around here, just google it and the list is endless! There are even a few that do red-eye tours! I know for sure that this one does http://evergladestours.com (Don't know how to make the clicky, sorry)

"Well behaved women rarely make history" - Marilyn Monroe

Air boat rides are definitely fun and you'll probably see a lot of wildlife. You should go, when else are you going to get the chance?