TrophyHusband

someone or something pissed in the vent register, what can i do about it right now?

i thought it was the carpet, so i got it cleaned but every morning when it got cold enough for the heater to kick on, the house would fill with the fragrance of cooking pee. now its cold enough for the heat to turn on several times a day. i finally put my nose to the floor to try to find the specific spots so i could soak them with something. this is fucking horrible, and i can't go under the house to remove the offending duct until my wife comes home from work, and she's on call, so she may not even come home. what the fuck can i do right now to kill the stench? this sucks.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

I don't think plugging that vent or Floor register will be a problem as long as it is a supply- that is if hot air comes OUT of it then you can block it off for the time being. if it is a return [suction] then don't block it off but you will have to live with the odor until you can find the source of the stench and remove it. Do you know how to open up the furnace to check the filter?
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

kill it.
leave a tasty dish of radiator juice near by, poor thing is bound to get thirsty

the something would be my ). i put up a gate so she can't get in there, and i haven't found anyplace else in the house she's peed, so it may not have been her. the someone would be my three-year-old that i have caught peeing all over the house. it's easy to picture him whizzing in the vent. i don't think he can get through the gate, so this was likely done a while ago, but is now getting really bad because the heat is turning on.

i just got an idea for someone elses thread though:ph34r:

www.kjandmegan.com

At WFFC a few years ago, I was renting a fairly new
trailer. However, there is little slide at the bottom
of the toilet that goes back and forth when you press
the pedal. It stuck.

So, the tank filled with water, which backed up out of the toilet and ran into the most convenient hole in
the floor, the vent.

We solved the immediate problem, but there was
probably a nice coating of "stuff" in the vents after
it dried.

I'd hate to be the first person to run the heater.
:o

There is a product called "Simple Green" if you have it on hand dilute it about 25/75. Scrub the vent out really well and it should neutralize the smell. If you don't have that on hand use baking soda water, and some cleaner like Spic and Span mixed together and scrub it well.
Good luck
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Nature's Miracle - it can be found at one of those large pet Mart/Co, etc.
Pour into the duct, but also use an atomizer bottle to spray it into the intake duct.

Now, here's a little homemade recipe I found on the net, but knowing your proclivity to do massive harm to your testicles would encourage adult supervision with combinations that can make boom. ;)

HOMEMADE CAT URINE REMOVER

1 quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide
1/4 cup baking soda
1 teaspoon of liquid soap

Gently mix all ingredients in a non-metal container. Do not mix or shake vigorously!

Source: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Cat-Training-Behavior-3489/2008/4/Urinating-vents.htm

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

i just read your link and something intrigued me. i noticed it said this mixture gives off a lot of oxygen. this tells me that doing this little experiment will yield much better results if it were done near an open flame. here's my plan. i wait for there to be a some snow in the desert. a couple hundred feet of extention cord, a generator, and a cheap drill from a garage sale or pawn shop. maybe for the first run i'll scale down the recipe so it fits in a 16 oz pop bottle. i clamp the drill to a large piece of wood for stability. duct tape the pop bottle to a drill bit. place a lit can of sterno next to the rig. add a half rack of beer and a video camera and we're ready for youtube.

www.kjandmegan.com

i just read your link and something intrigued me. i noticed it said this mixture gives off a lot of oxygen. this tells me that doing this little experiment will yield much better results if it were done near an open flame. here's my plan. i wait for there to be a some snow in the desert. a couple hundred feet of extention cord, a generator, and a cheap drill from a garage sale or pawn shop. maybe for the first run i'll scale down the recipe so it fits in a 16 oz pop bottle. i clamp the drill to a large piece of wood for stability. duct tape the pop bottle to a drill bit. place a lit can of sterno next to the rig. add a half rack of beer and a video camera and we're ready for youtube.

I think you are on to something here, keep us posted and post video!!:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.