sunshine

Name my new fishy

beta fish actually live in the wild in very shallow mud puddles... thats why they are very comfy in small tanks at fish stores... the males are pretty aggressive toward other males and some females... If you want him to "flare up" a little try putting a mirror next to the tank...when he sees himself he will get pissed and his gills should puff up and he will make himself look bigger..

kinda cool

anyways...

Go with a dz.com theme?

Bolas
Dizzy
Divot
Twardo
Squeak

:D

I dunno...mention fish around Divot and immediately he starts thinkin' lemon & butter with a tangy tarter sauce on the side.

Might make Mr. Slimy Scales a bit nervous! :o

Just name the stupid fish after that Olympic swimmer that won all the Gold metals...what's his name? :S

Oh yeah....Mark Spits!;)

I mean it's not like the the freaking thing is gonna come when ya call it's name...or bring ya the evening paper or anything.

Heck...if ya wanna have a pet that is quiet, doesn't eat much, and likes to live in it's own poop....

~get a bucket of night crawlers! :D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Phil.

I don't know why, but I've never laughed so hard as when we were at dog park and everyone was calling their dogs to go home: "Deuce", "Chloe", "Tarzan"...

And then you hear this guy yell "Phil!"

I think you had to be there. :P

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

This was sick, I know, but a friend of mine actually put two in the same tank and several friends made bets on which one would survive. :S

A couple of my buddies thought it would be cool to put two of them on the same tank and see which one would kill the other. Sadly (for my drunk friends), they must have been geriatric betas because neither of the fish made a move at the other. They (my friends) got bored watching for an awesome fight after about two hours and separated them again when nothing happened.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

beta fish actually live in the wild in very shallow mud puddles... thats why they are very comfy in small tanks at fish stores... the males are pretty aggressive toward other males

we had one in a simulated natural biodome type thing for environmental science back in the day. we learned of the Betas' mud puddle preferred existence and named ours "Thug" cuz he was from the fish 'hood and would fight any homies that got near him. He lived for like 4 years, super long for those guys.

R.I.P. Thug, you were a bad@ss.

edit: he was all red like that too, good choice! :)
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983