AggieDave

RIP DD List

So had I waited until the day the list and forum was actually scheduled to be deleted would the list just have been deleted and the current members at the time still not be allowed to have their own personal copies?

Only reason the forum was removed is because you decided that you wanted to make changes to how it was set up. Prior to your[/] "announcement" the entire forum was so low on the radar of current projects that it was going to remain in operation for an indefinite amount of time.

Did you even bother to contact the current management of the site to see what their current plans were for the list? Did you ask Jay directly if any of the "improvements" you wanted to make were in the scope of what the CMS on here could be modified to do? Did you find out where any improvements to the list were going to fit into the newly reworked project list that Jay is compiling?

It seems to me that you just did your own thing as "keeper of the list" and then posted it with out talking to anyone to see what the current status or thoughts were about it.

I don't feel he did anything wrong with wanting to keep the list going. Several months back there was a post in the DD forum that basically said (made by the Mod) that the DD forum would be locked if certain issues continued and that dz.com was headed in a new direction and the DD list was not part of it.

Why attack and put all the blame on Bolas with your post? It is a two way street.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

solution... those with the list PM others on the list and make sure its ok to still be on said list...

if not...delete from list....if so..keep on list.

wahlllah.

next topic.

Dude, Common sense such as that is simply not permitted and can lead to a rather boring work day.

I still say it is just another example of The Man tryin to keep a Brotha Down!!

He should be forced to stand in the corner wearing his tinfoil hat or sent to the tinfoil hat assembly plants.

Yep. The "man" even makes the tinfoil hats. :|
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I guess I just dont see what the big deal is... maybe cuz I wasnt one of the select few (or many) on the list... if it was a bunch of 'friends' and they had eachothers numbers to drunk dial..well if it is against the site's policy to distribute the list...dont do it on the site...just call the people and do it off the site...

im sorry but from what I understand if I got a 'friends' number from this site and just because the forum or thread was deleted, that in no way gives the site the power to tell me I cant call him/her...

I don't have everyone's number but I have a few stored up for late night debauchery for new years eve.;)

Hmmm...

:)

I promise I will be a total angel:):):)

I LOVE it when you wear that outfit!:)

I thought you liked the one where i have horns and a pitchfork:P:P:P
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I don't have everyone's number but I have a few stored up for late night debauchery for new years eve.;)

Hmmm...

I guess he's more attracted to irony. ;)

Hmmm...

I guess he's more attracted to irony. ;)

The horns are what you see when the angel costume ends up ripped to shreds on the floor next to the . . . :ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I think what really saddened me about the death of the DD list and the reactions (on both sides) is that it was really the last thing that linked this site with the one that some of us remember from the "golden years" of DZ.com (2000-2002).

That's back when people would drive 20hrs to meet up with just a handful of other DZ.commers at a boogie. Back when things had a closer feel to them. Well, that's the problem with a site getting bigger and finding more and more users, more and more content and more features.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Only reason the forum was removed is because you decided that you wanted to make changes to how it was set up. Prior to your "announcement" the entire forum was so low on the radar of current projects that it was going to remain in operation for an indefinite amount of time.

Wait.

You're saying that Bolas had the forum deleted?

(by the way, the forum is still there unless they deleted the database records)
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

Wait.

You're saying that Bolas had the forum deleted?

(by the way, the forum is still there unless they deleted the database records)

He's saying my actions made them feel it was necessary to remove the forum.

I'm sure the forum and all its data still exists but all access to it for anyone other than HH, J, or maybe a moderator or two has been removed.

I think what really saddened me about the death of the DD list and the reactions (on both sides) is that it was really the last thing that linked this site with the one that some of us remember from the "golden years" of DZ.com (2000-2002).

That's back when people would drive 20hrs to meet up with just a handful of other DZ.commers at a boogie. Back when things had a closer feel to them. Well, that's the problem with a site getting bigger and finding more and more users, more and more content and more features.

And that, essentially, is why it was started. It came out of a convo at WFFC (2003 or 2004) between me, HH, LouDiamond, Phree, and SM1.

It was a great way for all of us that were really close from DZ.com to keep in touch with each other and share antics.

Sadly, I think that kind of "community" feeling is long gone from here and, sadly, may never return.[:/]

To all my peeps that I haven't talked to in forever, consider this my "coming back". I may not be on as often, but I'll definitely be around here more.:)
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

I never understood posting my cell phone number on a forum. Didn't matter that it was private. I did and still do plenty of DDs. Those that I want to have my phone number have it ;) and they are the lucky ones:ph34r:

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Kris,

Its good to see from you again my friend! It will be nice to see you around online again. Are you going to dust off your rig? Maybe travel a little bit with your rig? How's the family and the kiddos?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Hola, gents!

Thanks for missin' me. ;) Been a busy year.... The lovely Dagny and I are still doing fantastic and our son, Ben, turns 1 tomorrow. I haven't been skydiving in a bit, due to family time and other issues, but I'm hoping to get a jump or two in by summer.

Still working like a madman, and so is Dagny. She's in the 2nd year of her Internal Medicine residency and pulls some insane hours. We finally dumped our apt and got a house 5 mins from the ocean.

I hope all of you have a great Christmas. :)
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

house 5 mins from the ocean.

We've never met, spoke on the phone but never met. But I'm thinking it's way past time that i came out and visit ya'll for a week or so.:)

Seriously, glad you're doing well and have a fantastic Christmas
You are only as strong as the prey you devour