Redline165

Performance car people

Have a b16a in my 90 civic hatchback. Lightly modded, bigger cams, head milled .020, the usual exhaust header/catback and intake. No AC or power steering. I can take v8 mustangs and camaros without much difficulty. Outran my buddies brand new saturn sky redline too. Haven't dynoed it yet, im guessing it probably makes around 190hp, car weighs in at about 2000lbs.

Sounds about right, most ive seen out of a stock b16 was 179 with a hellova tune.

there fun cars and can suprize people on the street. pretty useless at the track tho without slicks and gas. i started out my career at a honda based performance shop. we were one of the first to put a K20a into a hatch. took forever to build because of custom everything and we(I) had to hand make the wiring harness. ran good tho when we were done. the car we did that on now has a turbo and is running around 450whp.

I have a '94 S10 I swapped a V8 into. I have pics on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=54682&id=538486493

It's got a .060 over 350, windage tray, crank scraper, Moroso 8 qt. pan, Comp cams extreme energy 4x4 cam 270 advertised duration, 305 heads that I ported, polished, put bigger valves in, and balanced the combustion chambers, Edelbrock performer rpm intake, 650 holley spreadbore, 2,600 rpm stall convertor in a th350, stock open rearend with 4.10 gears. It's a riot in town but not for long trips.
I also had a '79 Trans Am with a very mild 403, 2.42 posi rear. It was great for interstate driving, not so much in town.
The most badass thing I've driven was a truck our shop built for a radio promotion. It started out as a '39 chevy truck, they only thing left original was the tail light. It had a 350, big Crane cam, 7.5:1 compression, ported stock 2.02/1.60 heads, 175 hp N.O.S., oh yeah, and a Dyers 6-71 blower overdriven 6%. TH400 with an 8 inch convertor, Ford 9" with 4.86 gears, great big Pro-Trac 375 /60-15's, and ladderbars. It weighed 3,500 lbs. with driver. We goyt beat in a street race by an 1100 GSXR from a 60 MPH roll. The truck would only do 130 MPH so we didn't have a chance, but it was the only time we got beat, and we mostly went after street bikes.

Its hard to take a TH400 car with a little power behind it on the street or track, especially with ladderbars. I can only imagine, i built a Supra with a TH400 for a customer once with a GT4202R. through a 6 speed that car should have made around 1400whp. SOB made 872 on the dyno... but good god all mighty it would get the fuck out of its own way. We raced many busas and streached 1000's with that car and only ever lost to a turbo'd GSXR-1000. That car broke EVERY SINGLE time we took it to the track. couldn't keep a rear end in it off the line, but couldn't launch out of boost because it would take till the 1/8th mile to spool.

Whipples are for babies... go big or go home, Twin turbo GT's are where its at :D

Ive ran many-a 03-04 cobras with whipples. AWD takes there lunch money every time, even from a roll MOST of them cant hang, altho i did get a good run from a lightning on slicks once. the Flying brick effect got him up top tho.

Personally i think whipples sound like shit, but a kenny bell. OMG pure sex

Pure sex is a built Supra with a T76.....or bigger and spray. I'v only seen one on the road and my luck i got him to go WOT and blow my doors off. Good thing my seats clean up easy!!!!:o:o:o:o

Supras are hands down my favorite cars ever. period. give me an RSP 6 speed with black leather interior over a C6-ZO6 anyday. (read i said ZO6, not ZR1 :D)

I was lucky enough to get to play with many of them, a freind of mines car that i helped him build made 1502whp. one of the best days of my life was getting the dog walked by that car with me on my 05 R1 with full bolt-ons. started at about a 35mph roll, i had him till well into the triple digits, and he blew past me at something like 150+. that car was insane, it would lay rubber off of a 305 drag radial rolling into the gas at 90 mph in 4th. stupid and useless, but damn it was fun.

sometime i miss my old job :(

>I can take v8 mustangs and camaros without much difficulty.

That's impressive-no boost?

No boost, the power to weight ratio of my Civic is about enough for me. 11lbs per 1hp, for comparison a C5 Corvette is about 9lbs per 1hp.

Considering that the 90's Camaros (non SS) and Mustang GT's usually run in the mid 14's in the quarter-mile. Pretty damn good for stock, they can definitely be built to outrun any non-turbo and turboed Civic. At a higher cost of course, my Civic is just something cheap that I can tinker around with.

I have a '94 S10 I swapped a V8 into. I have pics on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=54682&id=538486493

It's got a .060 over 350, windage tray, crank scraper, Moroso 8 qt. pan, Comp cams extreme energy 4x4 cam 270 advertised duration, 305 heads that I ported, polished, put bigger valves in, and balanced the combustion chambers, Edelbrock performer rpm intake, 650 holley spreadbore, 2,600 rpm stall convertor in a th350, stock open rearend with 4.10 gears. It's a riot in town but not for long trips.
I also had a '79 Trans Am with a very mild 403, 2.42 posi rear. It was great for interstate driving, not so much in town.
The most badass thing I've driven was a truck our shop built for a radio promotion. It started out as a '39 chevy truck, they only thing left original was the tail light. It had a 350, big Crane cam, 7.5:1 compression, ported stock 2.02/1.60 heads, 175 hp N.O.S., oh yeah, and a Dyers 6-71 blower overdriven 6%. TH400 with an 8 inch convertor, Ford 9" with 4.86 gears, great big Pro-Trac 375 /60-15's, and ladderbars. It weighed 3,500 lbs. with driver. We goyt beat in a street race by an 1100 GSXR from a 60 MPH roll. The truck would only do 130 MPH so we didn't have a chance, but it was the only time we got beat, and we mostly went after street bikes.

Its hard to take a TH400 car with a little power behind it on the street or track, especially with ladderbars. I can only imagine, i built a Supra with a TH400 for a customer once with a GT4202R. through a 6 speed that car should have made around 1400whp. SOB made 872 on the dyno... but good god all mighty it would get the fuck out of its own way. We raced many busas and streached 1000's with that car and only ever lost to a turbo'd GSXR-1000. That car broke EVERY SINGLE time we took it to the track. couldn't keep a rear end in it off the line, but couldn't launch out of boost because it would take till the 1/8th mile to spool.

The rearend probably only survived because it didn't hook up, ever, not even on the 1/8 mile track at Avilla, IN. We only used the nitrous in 3rd. We never got a good E.T. out of it, 7.87 @ 92 MPH in the 1/8th but that was spinning a long way down the track. It ran even with a Buick that ran consistant 6.50's from half track to the end. We put slicks on it once but the wheel offset was wrong. We had a panhard bar in the rear and when the truck squatted the left rear tire hit the frame and he let off it. I would've liked to have tried a set of mickeys or anything better than the Pro Tracks.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

there fun cars and can suprize people on the street. pretty useless at the track tho without slicks and gas. i started out my career at a honda based performance shop. we were one of the first to put a K20a into a hatch. took forever to build because of custom everything and we(I) had to hand make the wiring harness. ran good tho when we were done. the car we did that on now has a turbo and is running around 450whp.

Yeah a Civic or CRX with just a stock B16A swap can be a surprising little car on the streets. Most kids just slap a loud exhaust on their stock D15's and call it a race car. Not to talk down on the D series motors since I'm a huge fan of those too.

K20's are great engines, I like them except everything is now bass ackwards on them!

No boost, the power to weight ratio of my Civic is about enough for me. 11lbs per 1hp, for comparison a C5 Corvette is about 9lbs per 1hp.

Considering that the 90's Camaros (non SS) and Mustang GT's usually run in the mid 14's in the quarter-mile. Pretty damn good for stock, they can definitely be built to outrun any non-turbo and turboed Civic. At a higher cost of course, my Civic is just something cheap that I can tinker around with.

My ex-uncle-in-law had a Yamaha blaster 4 wheeler with a 440 srx snowmobile engine in it. It had 106 HP and weighed 208 lbs. They clocked it at 118 MPH in 300 feet at the Dunes. It wasn't very reliable, but it was darn fast when it worked.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

I'm more of a bike fan myself, planning on high 8s in the quarter all motor once I finish it. The motor will make about 160hp and the bottom end will tolerate 300hp, so I am quite tempted to spray it.
What transmission are you using? My friend has a talon that he is putting out good numbers on, 500ish. He went out and got a (stage 3 I think?) Shep trans, so from here on out its just adding power. He also is just finishing building a mighty max pickup truck that has a 2.4 turbo, he is at about 550 on pump with relatively low boost numbers. Fun stuff. Expensive though!

I have 2 early 928s and i love them they are fast and beautiful I also have 2 1971 Mercury Cyclones Not as fast but fun and to me they are beautiful as well.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. I've always liked the look of the 944 better than the 928 (those headlights remind me too much of a frog), but 928s are rarely mistaken for anything else, while my 944 is regularly mistaken for an early RX-7.

NO- IT ISN"T A MAZDA!

And I'm sure if I ever get a 928 it will be the most beautiful car I have ever owned:)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I've talked about my VW project for a while on here. I built a 2187cc with a HUGE set of heads and am rebuilding a pair of Webber 44's to go on it. The suspension has been upgraded with modern components, modern wheels...well, if you're familiar with aircooled VWs I'm building a "German Look" which is based on the Kafer Kup race cars from the '90s.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

CB Performance makes some Webber IDA body EFIs that are easy to turbo and produce a LOT of HP. Too bad that they're so danged proud of their product and the setup costs around $7-10k for turbos and all.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I have a 2001 Porsche Boxster S.

As of now, the only mods I have done are Yellow Stuff performance brake pads and I added Sabelt 6 point harnesses (driver and passenger)

The car is pretty amazing on the track, and reliable as hell too, I just hit 104,000 miles before I put it away for the winter.

Needs new tires in the spring, not sure what I will put on.
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

We dont have Mustangs here, but if you look at the V8 mustang and our Ford V8 falcon BF 6 speed its the same, yellow with black stripes, she looks like the bee off transformers :-)
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

Used to have an 04 STi. Not nearly as fast as yours and I never did get a track time on it. Only a couple mods, 3" cattless exhaust, and a tune put me at 280 awhp. That li'l bitch was FAST!! Obviously TOOO fast for me, 3 driver's licenses later and now I drive an '85 toyota pick-up that I also happen to LIVE in:ph34r: No mods and slow as hell but, no tickets in about a year:)

I love the sound of STI's, ive always been an EVO fan, but Several of my good buddies are die hard superdoo fans. they still would be pissed when they would drag in a 500whp wrx on C-16 and id take his lunch money on 93.

Nice! I've got an 05 STi. Putting down 400 AWHP / 401 AWTQ. Bigger turbo and all supporting mods. I haven't had it retuned for sea-level and 93 octane yet...but curious to see what she'll put down on a mustand dyno.

What transmission are you using? My friend has a talon that he is putting out good numbers on, 500ish. He went out and got a (stage 3 I think?) Shep trans, so from here on out its just adding power. He also is just finishing building a mighty max pickup truck that has a 2.4 turbo, he is at about 550 on pump with relatively low boost numbers. Fun stuff. Expensive though!

Ive had 3 differnt ones, a stock with a 4 spyder center diff, lasted a good while. broke 3rd gear. a "not stock" syncro trans (i assembled but i guess it would be a stage 5 on sheps site) destroyed that after about a half dozen high boost launches.

Now i have a magnus Dog box. welded diff and LSD front. never got to beat on it to bad, but it felt strong.