Squeak

Away For Xmas

So, it's Wednesday night (930ish) I fly out on Friday morning at 10am (be at the airport by 830ish) and I'm away from home for 12 months, with no set plan.
Just me and my wife and our backpacks.

We still have a heap of shit to sort out in one day (tomorrow) and i am supposed to front up to work.
Both of our back packs are bulging at the seams and yet we dont seem to have packed near enough to live away for a year:|

It's 95+ degrees here today and i will be in snow in a week, with a temp drop of 70+ degrees.:o

I am so not prepared for some of this trip:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

It's strange I am not at all excited about the trip at the moment, yet I do know it will be an amazing experience:)
Who else is going to be out of their element this holiday season?:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

am so not prepared for some of this trip:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Squeak, I hope you guys will have a fabulous time. I'm sure you will, too.

We're going to Costa Rica for Christmas. Expect it to be lovely

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Hey Squeak, Harden the fuck up mate!

I'm Fine Gayray, just not really prepared for the sort of cold in Chicago/Toronto that I'll be facing:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
Living on the edge of a desert kinda spoils you for warmth;):)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Hey Squeak, Harden the fuck up mate!

I'm Fine Gayray, just not really prepared for the sort of cold in Chicago/Toronto that I'll be facing:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
Living on the edge of a desert kinda spoils you for warmth;):)

then you should be expecting some shrinkage :D
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

I have a question squeakers.

On this trip why did you plan on being in the cold places when it's the really cold part of the year? If you are going to be gone a year, I would of hit the warm places in the winter, and cold places in the summer. That is unless you are just wanting to experience the trueness of the places.

Maybe you are just scattering yourself about. Just wondering how your route goes and stuff.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Nah.... I actually have about 8" of POWDER snow at my house right now.... its all PURTY with the Christmas lights.....:)

Looks like it will be melting on Christmas Eve though:(

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USWA0171?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

Ok, I was a week early, then!!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I am about 9000 miles away but hey Ive got this site and Mike Neal has loaned me back issues of Parachutist plus a square one catalog and I am doing my research for new gear as I write. Plus I get packages from home. Considering a couple of my friends are doing convoy security in the sandbox.. it could be a lot worse.

I have a question squeakers.

On this trip why did you plan on being in the cold places when it's the really cold part of the year? If you are going to be gone a year, I would of hit the warm places in the winter, and cold places in the summer. That is unless you are just wanting to experience the trueness of the places.

Maybe you are just scattering yourself about. Just wondering how your route goes and stuff.

Hi Paul
the Cold part is only the beginning 2 weeks. On an "Around the World" ticket you can only travel in one direction. Sine i live in Australia, and starting my trip at the end of the year I will be in northern USA in the mid of winter. The rest of my trip will be warm (ish) throughout.
South American March April May, Europe June July, Africa August September, Asia/India October November:)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Garthie will miss ya :(

He's been acting very very odd the last few days, I think he knows somethng

He knows hes seen you both packing :-( check your bags before you leave.
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !