Mostly_Harmless

Stay w/ old, go w/ new?

Currently I am jumping a 1997 Vector 3. Its in good shape and fits pretty well. But recently I just sold my laptop and now have the funds (if I want to) to buy a new container. My questions is the following: My Vector 3 works and fits me good, but I would like a container thats more customized for my body(not to mention colors..etc...). Should I just put a few hundred jumps on this container or should I go out and buy a brand new one? Any opinions would be very helpful.

Also any suggestions on jumping in cold weather (50f-60f on the ground). New york's winter weather is setting in and I would really like to keep on jumping. Thanks in advance.

If I where you I would hold out until you can't down size any further with that container. When I first started jumping I bought a new container and it didn't last very long because it got too big to hold the canopy I downsized to.

Cold weather jumping, wear multiple layers (long t-shirts/sweatshirt under your jump suit) make use you can feel all your handles with gloves on and don't bulk on clothing so it hides your handles.

Have fun freezing your ass off

Nick

The free skyhook was something I was considering. Thanks for your help guys. I am going to jump until I can't move my arms in freefall (well atleast right before that point). I am definallly going down to Florida during the winter to jump for a week. I will stay with this container until I can move down to something smaller so I dont waste my money. Thanks again.