Unstable

Best/Worst Burritos.

Goleta / Isla Vista. This is just a couple blocks away from the UCSB campus.

That would be the one, then. From my understanding, its a bit different then the Freebirds in Texas. Then again, I've never been there and am relying on some other Freebirds affectionatos' opinions.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Best: Taco Truck at 16th & Shotwell, SF. I'm pretty sure there is a inverse correlation of square footage to burrito quality. As such most any taco truck will be better than a chain.

Worst: Baja Fresh. I mean seriously, can they get any more dry?

I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by Chipotle. Again, not amazingly good, but decent for a chain. I love their chips.

Does Taco Smell even make Burritos?
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.

For my area, the best burritos are at The Guadalajara in Pell City, AL. They're kinda on the large side so I don't eat them too often, but they are good.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The best Mexican food I have had in a long time was just down the street from the tunnel in Raeford.

I though Skydivers got Mexican just for the Margaritas and Free Chips?!?! :D

You mean they don't???:$:D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I hated freebirds. Kris took me there on his way through Dallas and I was not impressed at all, I'll take Chipotle everyday of the week over Freebirds.

Kris? Our mexican-bowling-ball-freeflying-mexican, Kris? And he didn't take you to a taco truck where you'll have the best damned taco of your life? I'm embarrassed for him!:P

I still love Freebirds, even if you are a red-commie and can only eat at a McDonald's owned chain restaurant to enjoy your food.:D

I found something better here in Tampa!B| It's a little taqueria restaurant built into a bus. Best Damn Burrito I've ever had!

For a chain restaurant, Moe's isn't too shabby, but Freebird's will always be my first love. I go to teh one in Norman when I visit my family back in Oklahoma.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Best: Chipotle.
Worst: Taco Bell.

I feel like I'm comparing apples to oranges here... Who's got a good match up for Chipotle?

Best burritos I've ever had: El Presidente in Springfield, IL
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

Freebirds!!!!!!!

Woo hoo! I was scrolling hoping to see that name!

I eat at the one in Houston every time I was down there. Freaking awsome! Cayenne, super monster, chicken and beef, beans, no rice, bunch of fixin's, and dripping with habanero sauce! I'm drooling, it's been a loooong time!

Worst: Taco Johns. Below Taco Bell, to like the 10th power.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

LaBamba

Yes SIR! LaBamba, Burritos as big as your head!

While at school in Cincinnati we routinely drove to Oxford or Columbus, OH and Lexington/Louisville, KY to get a good burrito. Sadly both Oxford and Lexington closed, but OH the memories!!! It would hardly be a stretch to say I ate upwards of 400 to 500 LaBamba "Super" burritos while in college. I wish there was some way to know just how much we spent per burrito considering one location was 45 minutes away and all the others were 2 hours.

I highly suggest giving it a try if there is one in your town.

http://www.labambaburritos.com/locations.asp
Killing threads since 2004.