Icon134

I want to play with my Macro some more...

It might be kinda neat if someone would explain to all of the people in DZ.com land that do not know what the definition of a 'macro' is. :| By inference we they would prolly get that it's a close up detail faded background, but...

Perhaps there are some poor shmucks that thought a 'macro' was a set of computer instructions...

...and further it would be swell if we could get that definition read at about a 6th grade level so that the not-so-smart-as-Sir-Gallahan's among us could keep up.

It would be a nice gesture for those poor pathetic simpletons. B|

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

It might be kinda neat if someone would explain to all of the people in DZ.com land that do not know what the definition of a 'macro' is. :| By inference we they would prolly get that it's a close up detail faded background, but...

Perhaps there are some poor shmucks that thought a 'macro' was a set of computer instructions...

...and further it would be swell if we could get that definition read at about a 6th grade level so that the not-so-smart-as-Sir-Gallahan's among us could keep up.

It would be a nice gesture for those poor pathetic simpletons. B|

Try here http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/9019845/
and here
http://www.photo.net/learn/macro/
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Thanks Squeak... I was going to try and explain it but that is a much better approach.
I make it a point, wherever possible use someone elses wheel;) that plus i really hate typing:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Nice Pictures! I love close ups of flowers. I tried myself; hope you don't mind if I join the party.

I took these with my Canon Powershot A560. It's a point and shoot.

The first picture was taken at Balboa Park in San Diego and the rest were taken at the Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. The last 2 are my favorites. They look good at full size too...

kristen
swooo #3 MB #3587 P.M.S. #66
"so let go, jump in...what're you waiting for? it's all right 'cause there's beauty in the breakdown"

How funny I was just messing with mine too the other day. I haven't really played with it on this lens much before but now I can see doing some more like this later on, not bad for the first few try's.

As I said in the "best shot " thread.
You sure get lucky alot.:D
My photos

My Videos

Right after you posted your shot I found this mini one in the yard, it was so small it was very hard to get a shot taken. The more I play with lens in macro the more I'm enjoying the challange of hand held macro.

Nice shot Miami.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Very nice!! I like the way the depth of field moves across the flower.

I accidently shot it in P... which didn't close down the aperture as much as I would have but resulted in a nice effect with the shallower depth of field...

I think by the end of the week I'll have several daiseys in the front yard to photograph... :)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I actually like that shot better than the "normal" flower shots. I saw one a while back of an iris (or similar) - only the heads of the stamens were in sharp focus, the rest of the flower blurred down out of focus - really cool shot.

As for using "P" mode - in the Canon's, you can use the main dial to adjust the camera's 'best guess' for the exposure even in "P" mode - so you still have SOME control over your aperture/ss.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

As for using "P" mode - in the Canon's, you can use the main dial to adjust the camera's 'best guess' for the exposure even in "P" mode - so you still have SOME control over your aperture/ss.

Yes... that is true... I generally use M for macro shots, especially if using a flash... but you make a good point about the "P" mode.

and I agree I prefer this sort of shot then the typical macro shots.

mmm... more fun with macro photography.

A shot of the Ribbon our unit just recieved (Air Force Organizational Excellence award)

and some shots of some of the carnations I get for Beth regularly... :)