LadiDadi

Pensacola

My husband and I will be in Pensacola the 13th through the 16th to surprise my mom and sister for Christmas (early but affordable). I wanted to get my sister a tandem skydive for Christmas since she has been chomping at the bit to do it for a while now. Any recommendations on where to go and who to strap my sister to? Of course I'll be buying the drinks. That's a given. Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to jump with her unless I either experience a miracle in foot healing or go tandem. Although, I'm not opposed to a tandem jump... Anybody got a two-fer?

Likely there is a better place to post this question other than The Bonfire but the readership is higher here.
If you can't laugh at yourself, I'll be happy to do it for you.
Be like the cupcake and suck it up.

Yes, emerald coast is the closest. They're good people, but if you want to make a solo jump, get out there early. Since they had the caravan sold out from under them, they've been a bit of a tandem factory. (they gotta do what they gotta do I guess) I made a couple trips out there while I was in Floida for EOD school and the last few trips I only was able to get 1 jump in after waiting about 3-4 hours. Get the tandem scheduled early and plan on waiting some.B| I've seen some of the prettiest sunset loads out there, but it's hard to time it sometimes.

Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Oh, and all their tandem instructors are great, but I did both of mine (first time being stationed in florida 5 years ago) with Rick. He's good people. I don't know if he'll be working though.:)

Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

emerald coast has got an otter on lease right now....so they got enough plane for whatevers clever

B|

They must've been waiting for me to leave before they got it.>:(

I don't blame 'em!:D

emerald coast has got an otter on lease right now....so they got enough plane for whatevers clever

B|

I don't think the tanned people of Florida are ready for your lilly white ass. :P;)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

B|

I don't think the tanned people of Florida are ready for your lilly white ass. :P;)

Ya, but it works great for night jumps... I don't even have to buy flashing lights or glow sticks!!!:D

Beach jump into the FloraBama?!? Are you fucking kidding me?!?!

Holy crap... I'm there. I'm so there. I'll have to do a tandem but I don't care. Will the TI make sure we land on my face so it will be like every other time I've ever been to the FloraBama?

I'm so excited. I'm gonna figure this out and then the Wild Turkey shots will be on me. Not physically on me but on my tab.

Yay!!!!!!!!!! :D

I tried. I really tried. Becky tried. But, as you probably are aware, the weather did not cooperate.

Becky rocks. Give that poor overworked girl a raise!!! She's my new best friend.

I'll be back in Pensacola in a few months and we will jump and have a blast and my sister will be initiated into the skydiving fold. We tried again yesterday but again the weather didn't cooperate. It's tradition, though. My first jump got cancelled twice due to weather and my sister's jump got cancelled twice due to weather so I guess we're right on track.

Now if only I can manage to make it home in time for Christmas and not celebrate it in an airport somewhere like so many others...

If any of you live near an airport and are feeling generous this Christmas, keep in mind that the USO centers all over the US and abroad are overwhelmed right now with stranded service men and women and are running low or completely out of supplies. If you can, donate some money or find out what they need and bring some stuff to the airport. I know that in Seattle, specifically, they are almost completely out of food and bottled water and milk.