Viking

When and Where was your FIRST jump?

Has it been that long??

July 14, 2004 - ASC
AFF with Mike G and Stewart C.

Started off with AFF, did my first tandem at 150 jumps. As always doing things a little backwards! :SBy all means not the dumbest thing I have every done in Skydiving! :S:ph34r::ph34r:

Muff Brother # 3883, SCR # 14796 ICD # 1 - Pres.
Yeah, I noticed and I think it's funny!

..., did my first tandem at 150 jumps. As always doing things a little backwards!

My first tandem was about jump #340 - tandem master needed recurrency, iirc.

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Has it been that long??

Yes, it has... I'll be 5 next spring... that means I get to go to kindergarten right?

July 14, 2004 - ASC
AFF with Mike G and Stewart C.

My first was with Stewart C and Jim Vance (2nd was with Fast Eddie and J Muer.)

Started off with AFF, did my first tandem at 150 jumps. As always doing things a little backwards! :SBy all means not the dumbest thing I have every done in Skydiving! :S:ph34r::ph34r:

I have yet to do a tandem and with any luck will make every effort to aviod doing one (and mind you I have had oportunities :DB|:P)... the whole idea of being a tandem passenger scares me... :o
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

June 15, 2002 at the Ranch in Gardiner New York!

I did a tandem jump, and left that day without scheduling an appointment to make another skydive. I wanted to 'think about it'...

...trying to decide if i wanted to...

I made it to the main stop sign in Gardiner, before CALLING the dropzone back up to schedule my second jump...

The rest is all history... :):D:)

CReW Skies,
bubbles

"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

7-9-2006 at East Texas Skydive Center in Gladewater, TX. I think my instructor was Lee Todd for all of my jumps there. I remember I did 2 the first day.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

I had to go back and read the whole thread to see if I'd posted in it before... :D Yep, sometime last year. :S

First jump was June 1993 at the old Skydive North Alabama DZ near Huntsville. Tandem. Immediately signed up for the dope on a rope training course and never looked back. My old instructor is still jumping and doing tandems in his 60's. B|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

My first jump was static line, July 9, 1995 at Skydive Orange. My best friend Hank wanted to make a skydive before he turned 30 and asked if I wanted to come along.

My first tandem was around jump #1000 when Hank was getting his rating. Also at Skydive Orange.

Neither one of us does tandems any more.:P They're scary regardless of which harness you're wearing.

- Dan G

May 15, 1993 Lebanon Maine. It was a static line.

I made 7 jumps that summer and then quit because I was a poor college student.

Then I started again on April 19, 1997 in Greensburg, IN where I went through the entire static line progression and then made it through my D License, a s/l jumpmaster rating and a s/l instructor rating.

Then I got pregnant in May 2000 and stopped jumping while I did the wife/mom thing.

Then started once again in September 2007 (nothing like a good divorce to get you back in the air).

I don't plan on EVER stopping again!!!
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

First Jump: Static Line in 1996. I was 16.

Where: Malone Parachute Club, Malone NY.

My dad was my jump master and I believe Dick Swanson was the pilot and I forget who taught the first jump class.

Lots of good folks over there at Malone. They've since moved to Plattsburgh.
Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

April 27, 1974 at Seneca Falls, NY. We trained on a Friday night and jumped first thing in the morning. The Seneca Club is gone now, but some of the people now make up the Finger Lakes Skydivers in Ovid.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

October 7, 2007 ----- Star, ID from a Caravan. I did a tandem as an extra credit field trip for a physics class I was taking. I had never considered skydiiving before that time. Within a few hours of landing, I was calling back to find out how to learn to skydive.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

Hi Vik,
May have posted this info elsewhere but here goes.
08MAY1964 a Thursday afternoon.
Hammond Airport, Louisiana
DZ for Southland Skydivers (my club) also Louisiana Skydivers from Baton Rouge and Delta Skydivers from New Orleans.
28' double L, 24'chest reserve. S/L
Milton Nobels Cessna 170 "43V" 2800'
Me and Doug Champagne students and Neuman M. Gill B-1929 our Inst-JM.
Got Kodak brownie B&W photos!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out