mx757

Shayna Richardson West back in news...

MAybe we should try to hook her up with Scott Lutz, think of their kids... falling off tricycles.... Diving out of bunk beds....

Skydiving crash dummies ..... I am all for stem-cell research !
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

Isn't her 10 minutes up YET!? :S

Seriously, can you imagine a more "Christmassy" sugary dsgustingly sweet yet patriotic bullshit story?:|

-tough woman gets hurt in a spectacular way
-while pregnant
-husband serves in the military
-overseas
-surgery for free
-right before the holidays.

It's all propaganda my friend.
OOh look - we stepped through the looking glass into Speakers Corner... :ph34r:
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Anyone read the first and only comment at the end of the article, "im so glad this story has such a happy ending its amazing what doctors can do today too bad they cant cure stupity." :S:D

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Just let it go guys- it's been three years. How about a simple 'Welcome back Rick- enjoy the holiday' instead?

+1 I bet most of us posting here, if we got all F-ed up and had no money to pay for putting our face back together, wouldn't shrink from doing a little TV time to get it covered.

With that said, some do enjoy the spotlight more than others. Our sport has always had that "dangerous" cachet that the media can sensationalize to sell their crap, I just ignore it. :S

+1 I bet most of us posting here, if we got all F-ed up and had no money to pay for putting our face back together, wouldn't shrink from doing a little TV time to get it covered.

You ever SEEN my face?! :o

Take a boatload more than a 'little' TV time to get the shine back on MY melon!! :S:ph34r:

Thank God for the circus or I wouldn't have a job! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Why is she a BITCH, as far as I can see she did nothing wrong.
except not having insurance.

Search her name and check these forums for the real story on her. It has been awhile, but if I remember correctly she never should have been in the air in the 1st place. She and her husband took her to a different DZ after every person with any brains told her that skydiving was not for her. That is the short version.

I have seen many idiots get hurt but none so shameless as to actually ask the entire skydiving community to send her money to pay her medical bills. I used to work for Aerodyne and she at one point sent letters to all the manufactures asking for donations. I took that letter and threw it in the trash.

She had black death written all over her from the start and people told her and her hubby about it. They chose not to listen and she proved them all correct by simply not following her emergency procedures and then quickly set out to make a name for herself over it. Seems to have worked though.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1947876#1947876
Dom

I still don't get why she's having such a hard time on here.
Dammit, she only had ten jumps! What kind of "accuracy" do people expect from such a student, especially after an incident like that? I know that a reserve should never be considered a "guaranteed open" of course, but it is easy to understand how a student would get that idea.
As to cutting away a premature brake release - good job on her. Students of that experience level are/should not be encouraged to extensively evaluate a malfunction.
Canopy choice and safety are not her primary responsibility. If at that number of jumps an instructor says to you that you can jump the canopy he's giving you, I can imagine that you don't question his wisdom. I mean, he's an instructor, right? He probably knows better than me.

So riddle me this:
Why is Shayna being slagged off, while you hear few people about this Rick character? HE's the one who got her into this situation, HE's the instructor whose poor judgement nearly got a student killed...
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom