turtlespeed

I considering a Home Brew setup . . .

Boilermaker 10 Gal Kettle is going to be my first purchase.

But I was wondering what the advantages, if there are any, of a conical fermentor.

Also - if there are any suggestions out there for other kettles please speak up.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Never used a conical fermentor. I've made some damned good stuff with my 5 gal bucket and carboy doing a primary and secondary fermentation, using both kits and doing about everything from scratch as well. I tried that goofy Mr. Beer kit for kicks and made some good brew with that as well.

I think Speedracer is a master-home brewer if memory serves...

:)

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Believe it or not I used to work in a microbrewery for a time- the year was 1997, Bennington Brewers- the owner did not really have a good grasp on formulation as he insisted on using chlorinated city water which of course reacted with the hop oils to form flavors that one customer described as some kind of hospital cleaning solution,uh then they went bankrupt. but I digress, I got to play with a stainless conical fermenter- the thing was a fucking tower that you could practically jump off of- really good for draining off the sedimentation and dead yeast- which is the whole point to the contraption I think.
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

Boilermaker 10 Gal Kettle is going to be my first purchase.

But I was wondering what the advantages, if there are any, of a conical fermentor.

Also - if there are any suggestions out there for other kettles please speak up.

Are you freaking kidding us? Why would you want to rob the brewery industry from their rightly earned profits? They are the only industry that has not lined up for bail-out money!
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

been brewing for years. Best bang for the buck are glass carboys.I do my primary ferment in 6 gal. carboy then rack(syphon) the brew to a 5 gal carboy for secondary fermentation. Charlie Papazians book "the complete joy of homebrewing" is a great place to start .I have aged some of my IPA's for up to a year and they were awsome. CLEANLINESS is key. Check out your local brew shops.most of them are verry helpfull.
Good luck!