Yoshi

Farewell again

well... I was laid off from my boring ass job today/... looks like they are going bankrupt... what the hell. my helicopter school goes bk now my job... this suxs. well I probably wont be on here much for a while unless I find another boring ass job that I can PW all day.

thanks for a couple weeks of entertainment... now I have to go find out what the hell I am going to do about christmas...keeping my house...etc.[:/]

I'm sorry to hear that. What a lousy thing to do at the holidays. Good luck in your search for a boring job.

Sorry to hear that Yoshi.

Not that it helps but I have a friend who just recently was promoted to "management". A month into his new role he's now tasked with laying off 50-60 people. This guy hasn't slept in days. He cannot stop worrying about all the families that will be affected. He told me this last weekend he's decided instead to resign. [:/]

aloha.

Wow your friend seems like a nice caring person to put others over himself.

I was going to say it sounds like his friend is getting a hard lesson about what it's like to be management. If he doesn't truly want the role, then maybe resigning is the right thing here. Not everyone's interested in moving in that direction - I know a lot of people who will always be happier as individual contributors, and I'm always impressed with companies that figure out a way to allow people like that to continue to grow and progress and move up in the ranks if that's their desire, without asking them to move into management positions if that's not what they are suited for or interested in.

But if he's resigning because he thinks it'll do a damn thing for those 50-60 people who are slated to be laid off, that's pretty naive. His decision isn't going to change the fate of those people - he just won't be the one to deliver the bad news. If his position wasn't slated for layoff, chances are the company will just replace him with someone else.

Of course I'd like to think that making layoffs is difficult for anyone, and based on what we've heard about this situation, it sounds like his company is putting him in a tough position after only a month in the job - making him the "bad guy" for a decision that obviously came from higher up. That would make me question the company's values if they're taking this approach to layoffs. There is a right way to do layoffs and a wrong way ... this sounds like it might be the wrong way.

The one and only time I've had to lay someone off, it was a mutual decision between me and my boss that we just couldn't support the position anymore. I hated to do it, but I also knew that I had to be the one to do it since she was my employee and I'd made the decision. I couldn't punt it to someone else. It sucked, and I can't imagine having to do it 50 or 60 times.

Ironically, I got laid off just a few months later when my position was eliminated.

To Yoshi - good luck with finding a job and keeping on your feet in between. If you haven't already, go find out what you need to do to apply for unemployment. It's not much but it'll help, and many states have waiting periods so get that process rolling as soon as you can.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Shit dude!!!!!!!:(I'm so sorry to here this:|:|:|:|Man,I hope all works out!! I'll keep you in my thought's.
I was just gonna see if ya wanted to entertain the idea of both of us gettin back into the sport.
At least one jump.
If ya did then you would remember my piss poor exits.
Hey keep in touch
Bry

--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

I'm sorry to hear that. What a lousy thing to do at the holidays. Good luck in your search for a boring job.

Sorry to hear that Yoshi.

Not that it helps but I have a friend who just recently was promoted to "management". A month into his new role he's now tasked with laying off 50-60 people. This guy hasn't slept in days. He cannot stop worrying about all the families that will be affected. He told me this last weekend he's decided instead to resign. [:/]

Sounds as if your friend got "Two-Bob'ed".[:/]
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

I am so sorry to hear that sweetheart....best of luck to you and your family...as for us well, we will always be here so if you ever need some cheering up or some mind numbing conversation you will find us in the bonfire.;)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!