Yoshi

can it get any worse???

so some of you may know I lost my job due to my employer closing... this holiday season has just absolutely sucked... on top of that my fiance and I have been fighting like cats and dogs and she came to the conclusion tonight that she is leaving me[:/] so now I have to either somehow be ok with that and her taking my daughter across the country and moving back to texas leaving me here in indy with a new house tons of debt and no job or take what little legal action I have available to fight for custody and try to keep my daughter here with me... what the fuck! I just cant win

so some of you may know I lost my job due to my employer closing... this holiday season has just absolutely sucked... on top of that my fiance and I have been fighting like cats and dogs and she came to the conclusion tonight that she is leaving me[:/] so now I have to either somehow be ok with that and her taking my daughter across the country and moving back to texas leaving me here in indy with a new house tons of debt and no job or take what little legal action I have available to fight for custody and try to keep my daughter here with me... what the fuck! I just cant win

that sucks brother sorry to hear it. I hope you figure something out. Pretty shitty new years.

I'm not the rope totin charlie Bronson wanna be that's getting us fucking lost.

no shit... I am at a complete loss . I dont know what to do... Im not sure if I should go with her plan , but if I fight that it will be knock down drag out... god... this sucks... what a fucking new year...I sit here alone drinking and posting... not knowing what the next minute will bring... all I need now is for my house to catch fire, my family to disown me and for her to get everything... I just wanna crawl under a rock

edited to remove content

That really sucks, dude. The first suggestion I would have though, is be careful about what you post about here. If you decide the court route is the way to go and it does go drag out knock down you don't want to regret anything you might have said in public about it that could potentially be held against you later. I'd suggest either posting sober, or drinking offline, but this might not be the best time for both.

I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. I feel for you, and hope whatever decisions are made will work out for your daughter.
Killing threads since 2004.

That really sucks, dude. The first suggestion I would have though, is be careful about what you post about here. If you decide the court route is the way to go and it does go drag out knock down you don't want to regret anything you might have said in public about it that could potentially be held against you later. I'd suggest either posting sober, or drinking offline, but this might not be the best time for both.

I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. I feel for you, and hope whatever decisions are made will work out for your daughter.

+1 Great advice. I work in the Judiciary and there's been forum posting submitted in a divorce case. It got ridiculous when they were trying to authenticate the postings though.....

Anyway, I just want to tell you good luck, try to keep your chin up, do what you think is best for your child and try to talk to an attorney to make sure your ass is covered.

Hugs brother.
Always be kinder than you feel.

so some of you may know I lost my job due to my employer closing... this holiday season has just absolutely sucked... on top of that my fiance and I have been fighting like cats and dogs and she came to the conclusion tonight that she is leaving meUnsure so now I have to either somehow be ok with that and her taking my daughter across the country and moving back to texas leaving me here in indy with a new house tons of debt and no job or take what little legal action I have available to fight for custody and try to keep my daughter here with me... what the fuck! I just cant win

Take it from someone that has had a shitty few years. IT WILL GET BETTER!!! Keep your chin up man!!!
Dom

Yoshi!

Hang in there ... I've heard before that it's better to have a bad settlement than a good fight ....

Clear your head and find a way to keep your fiance and family together ... and I suggest REAL HARD, not just real HARD, REAL HARD....
:(

Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

It seems like a shitty time for alot of folk. losing best friends (pets) getting divorced losing jobs. IT WILL GET BETTER... Life throws alot of shit our way and I think it is to test our resolve. There are a lot of ups and downs. the downs suck but the ups are great... hang in there and take the legal advice of the others... [:/]

I'm not the rope totin charlie Bronson wanna be that's getting us fucking lost.

I wish i had something good to say but all i can to is commiserate. This year has sucked. In the past 14 months i have gone from looking at the very real possibility of early retirement to losing every thing i have. Unfortunately it looks like i will have to start over. New place, new work, new life. I think when finances suffer so much it puts a lot of pursuer on every thing else. I find my mind wondering i just take a deep breath and remember i have been trough much worst and i will get through this as well.

All you can do bro is your best. I wish all of us luck
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

So sorry for you man.... It really sucks!!
For what it's worth, new sunny days will come sooner or later....
Keep the spirit and hang in there.
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

'08 has been defined by ass trumpets and twat waffles running the world, It's been a tough year for lots of folks so you're in good company bro.
Job losses and destruction of wealth for many. I tell everyone that I am hunkering down till spring- just get through the winter and '09 is going to be much better - the worst is behind us.

and remember, true joy is derived from conquering adversity, grasshopper.

plus according to Swervy and Double D- you're a tadpole- so take full advantage while you can;):D

Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

Yoshi . . .

Um, as interesting and possibly entertaining as this post has the possibility of being . . . just because we are a bunch of a-holes . . . Airing out your situations here is not generally a good idea.

That said - get a fucking lawyer. Get one now. Do not pass go do not collect 200 . . . get a fucking lawyer.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Maybe you can also consider selling the house, and moving to Texas, so you can get joint custody, and be close to your lil one. Don't punish your daughter for your fiance and your misfortunes by seperating her from one or the other parent. At least if you are both in the same state, then your daughter still has mommy and daddy.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

'08 has been defined by ass trumpets and twat waffles running the world, It's been a tough year for lots of folks so you're in good company bro.
Job losses and destruction of wealth for many. I tell everyone that I am hunkering down till spring- just get through the winter and '09 is going to be much better - the worst is behind us.

and remember, true joy is derived from conquering adversity, grasshopper.

plus according to Swervy and Double D- you're a tadpole- so take full advantage while you can;):D

I resent that!

I didn't run any part of the world last year!>:(
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Make Lemonade.

The best time for a woman to leave? Is when things are real bad. They just want to get out, and not take you for a fortune.

Take your lumps. You can get back up. You've been knocked down before. Just make sure she can't come back and get you AFTER you get back up.
Its a good day to LIVE, why puck up a good thing.

There is no reply in aad section for. " hell no i would not put an AAD on my back"

Just to re-cap (and endorse) 2 very important points of advice you've received:
1. Post nothing on here or anywhere else about your personal life. Nothing. (And be very, very careful about anything else you post about...anything.)
2. Get a lawyer immediately. That means at least start the process first thing tomorrow morning.
- I cannot emphasize these points enough.

thanks to everyone for the kind words and support. I really feel at a total loss and dont even know who I am anymore. I was on a path to enlightenment when the 4th quarter of 08 struck me with a vengance. I know I need to do everything I can for the best interest of my dear little girl. I wouldnt wish anything bad upon her in my life! I have been shit on before and have done many bad things and made poor decisions in the past. I just thought it would be different this time..after I got divorced several years ago I made the decision to be an honest and upstanding person and I led so much into that I seem to have lost a little of myself that I didnt want to. while things are at their worst right now I do know there will be a day when clarity strikes my path again. thanks again for everything and feel free (anyone) to pm me with advice to keep it a little more private...for those of you who already have I appreciate you. even though I have been out of the sport for so long it is good to know, even if it is just through the wonders of this site, that many of you still stand by my side and keep me in your thoughts. that is one aspect of skydiving that I have been graced with and am greatul to have met many of you and still have you in my life...even if it is on poor terms.

To me it sounds like you need to move into the Rabbit Hole and get current again.;)

What ever you decide to do, you're a quality guy and you will succeed. Never forget that! Once you get things turned back around, you'll have your little girl with you again.

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

thanks... and I have been thinking about it more and more... getting back into the sport... of course it will take a few years to get everything back in order, but I may share the skies sooner than I thought with all of you again

You could crash with someone else on the DZ, in their trailer and pack for money while you get current. Get your TI current again and start making some more money while you piece your gear together.

See, that's my ultimate life fall back plan. If everything in my life crashes, I'll probably be on the DZ in a tent until I can afford a used RV.;)

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

well.... I doubt Ill ever do that.. I am too accustomed to a house and would have a really hard time getting rid of all my space... not that its huge, but my 1800 sq ft houst with workshop in the garage is not something I would trade for a tent...lol. but I may consider becoming a weekend warrior again... after I get a job that can pay for it anyways

I'm so sorry to hear of all your misfortunes. I too am hoping that 2009 brings some good things my way. No like it's any condolence, but in a matter of 2 months I lost my mom, my boyfriend of 3 years and my job. I know how you feel.
I hope that things get better for you and that you are able to work things out. I am sending lots of good vibes your way and wishing you the best!

Dude...you are in extreme danger of losing your child...Do not trust anybody to be reasonable or expect that they will somehow understand or even care about our shty situations...Many people associated with the family court do not make decisions based on emotion.

These people can jade you for life if you don't deal with this properly. You are also at a disadvantage because you are not married.

Do not trust you child's mother to be reasonable if she is not with you regardless of how benevolent she may become. If you do don't protect your rights right now, you'll end up fighting for them...and it is hell!

It can get much much worse! Do not lose your child!

They court expects you to be perfect. You're in their world now.

Get your story straight and let the lawyer do the talking.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I never post on here, mostly lurk as I've not had the opportunity to make my first skydive and don't feel comfortable, but this post just sort of hit home to me. My heart aches for you and I don't even know you. Seems 2008 has been shitty for so many... started off horrible for me, almost lost the man of my dreams to a horrible skydive accident, then spent a wonderful (though hard) year with him that I wouldn't trade for the world, only to end up having him leave my life without knowing or understanding why. :( I can only hope 2009 is better for everyone... and I hope you can get things settled as best you can so that your child doesn't have to lose out. Good luck to you!

"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar" ~ Helen Keller