SarahC07

Reasons to 'comp' an alcoholic beverage - please discuss.

A friend of mine and I would like the insight of you crazy kids - why does one not charge a woman for a glass of wine?

B/C the bj you just got from her more then covered the 300% marked up glass of wine!;)
I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.
Winston Churchill

A friend of mine and I would like the insight of you crazy kids - why does one not charge a woman for a glass of wine?

B/C the bj you just got from her more then covered the 300% marked up glass of wine!;)

Yep, it's all in the head.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Yep, it's all in the head.

Ah, who was I kidding. I'll never get real answers out of you guys.

Without knowing more about your situation, it's impossible to say. Blowjobs are actually a pretty good reason.

Another possible reason is this:

If you don't make women pay for their drinks, women come to your bar. If there are women in your bar, men come to your bar and spend money. It's simple business, really.

What was the situation? Sitting at the bar? Having dinner?

At a bar at Ruth's Chris Steak House - ordering food to go... had already given the bar tender a 15% tip on the food.

At a bar at Ruth's Chris Steak House - ordering food to go... had already given the bar tender a 15% tip on the food.

What are the chances that you would remember him the next time and make the tip 20%?
Killing threads since 2004.

What are the chances that you would remember him the next time and make the tip 20%?

Pretty low. I was hoping someone in the restaurant industry might chime in about that. Has anyone experienced that?

Simple. It's not about the bj he just got. It's about the one he wanted to get. ;)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Pretty low. I was hoping someone in the restaurant industry might chime in about that. Has anyone experienced that?

I tip pretty well on comped drinks. When I lived in NYC and frequented bars more often, I would typically tip an extra $2 or 3 per free drink. If the full price drinks cost $10 or 12 than it's a bargain for me. Most of the bartenders at places I frequented knew they would go home with more in their pocket if they hooked me up once in a while.

My guess it was in appreciation of a 15% gratuity on a to go order. People often don't tip on to go orders.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

If the bartender comped you a glass of wine while you were waiting for your food to go, I'd say it was just a friendly gesture. Maybe he/she was hoping you would stay.

Ha. I win. Thank you.

So what was the other person suggesting the reason for the free drink was?