Redline165

"House"

Best medical show ever. They couldn't have done better than brit Hugh Laurie and all the acting is awesome. I have never missed an episode. Oh yeah, Olivia Wilde (#13) is hot as hell!!!!!!! They always wait forever around the holidays for some reason. It's stupid. I need my fix.
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.

I really enjoy it. I will have to say that USA is running LOTS of reruns. Just watched the one with the gypsy teenager with the toothpick stuck in his colon. (Disgusting, I know) Very entertaining, good writingB|

Pinkee

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Only two shows worth watching in the last few years:
- House
- Boston Legal

And with the latter just canceled, that leaves one.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I don't like the show. Actually I can't stand it. The guy plays a nasty, cynical, drug addicted shit of a person who goes around accusing everyone of lying. I guess some people like that. I don't.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Welcome to reality. Here's your dose.

:D:D:D:D

House is a big hit in our home. Our oldest daughter got us hooked on it the first season. Kind of a Sherlock Holmes story of sorts, only medical. Vskydiver likes it because they talk about lupus a lot.

Only problem is that the medicine that happens on there isn't close to reality.

I always joke that Scrubs is the closest thing to reality.
Grey's Anatomy is just a nighttime soap opera.
House is the shit we actually with that we could get away with saying.

Like the doctors actually giving injections and running mundane test themselves? Yes, that's pretty unrealistic, isn't it?:D:D I wish every sick person had an entire team brainstorming their illness. It is fun to hear all that medical banter, debating back and forth.

It's like judging my job from watching "Pushing Tin".;)

I don't like the show. Actually I can't stand it. The guy plays a nasty, cynical, drug addicted shit of a person who goes around accusing everyone of lying. I guess some people like that. I don't.

If you want to see Hugh Laurie in a role that is the polar opposite of House, watch an episode of Jeeves and Wooster. It's great.

Like the doctors actually giving injections and running mundane test themselves? Yes, that's pretty unrealistic, isn't it?:D:D I wish every sick person had an entire team brainstorming their illness. It is fun to hear all that medical banter, debating back and forth.

It's like judging my job from watching "Pushing Tin".;)

Well, it all depends on what part you are talking about. I have been known to run a lab test or two on my own when I need to.
Also, we always bounce stuff off of each other when we are in team rounds. Lots of times it its the upper level pimping people, but, we still discuss each case.

Welcome to reality. Here's your dose.

:D:D:D:D

House is a big hit in our home. Our oldest daughter got us hooked on it the first season. Kind of a Sherlock Holmes story of sorts, only medical. Vskydiver likes it because they talk about lupus a lot.

Lupus and MERSA, which it never ends up being. Great show though. Those of us that actually work in the medical field only wish we could act like him at times (some patients are just so damn ignorant....Docs too).:D
Muff #5048

First of all... who watches it? im in love with the show.

for those that watch the show, are the writers on a damn strike again or something? jesus. its been what seems like 2 months since the last new one.

Yep, been watching it for over two years ..... Love it ... He could have been a skydiver and the lines would have worked as perectly as been a Dr.!
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

I love House! Own first 4 seasons, and the 5th season is just getting started. As far as I know there is no writers strike. Show moves to Mondays on Jan 19th. I have the bonus material that goes with it all, and "they said" that each episode comes from "real cases" Some of the episodes have pretty freaky stuff in them. I think the show has an excellent cast and very talented writers. Bryan Singer is a great director. The funny bits for me is hearing Hugh Laurie talk with his British accent in the extras when I am used to hearing him talk like us colonials.-Caress:)

I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.

The funny bits for me is hearing Hugh Laurie talk with his British accent in the extras when I am used to hearing him talk like us colonials.-Caress:)

If you really want to see some hilarious stuff, search YouTube for clips of Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry from their show "A Bit of Fry and Laurie". Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6riY-103vbc
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.