Scoop

Is it wrong to use a taxi company to buy and deliver beers to your door!?

I didnt know our convo would end up on here :D

No its not wrong, i used to do it when drunk and too cold to walk and give them the taxi fee + alcohol fee + 5 quid. I personally think im a fucking genius!

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

It's just poor planning that you HAVE to do this.

Excellent point, it would normally happen when my own supply was delved into by a surprise visitor. Then as things go you need more.

Why not order a pizza, and have the pizza delivery guy bring you the beer too? That way you get pizza AND beer.;)

That depends.... many pizza delivery guys aren't old enough to buy beer. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I live in a college town, and several of the locally owned pizza places will and often do provide this service. "Yeah I'd large a large peperoni, a 12 pack of bud light, and a pack of camel lights." Most coorporate places would frown seriously upon this activity. If you request this, however, you must TIP THEM WELL. If not, they won't do it for you again. Oh yeah, they remember who you are. That's why I get my pizzas superfast ;)

I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

Well?

Is it wrong to ring for a taxi and get the driver to pick up beers and deliver them to your house?

Beer is a necessity, and so is safety of one's self and the general public . . . hence you have to do what is right.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

So true.

We dont tip in the UK but simply going to the same place for my food for a long time, seeing the guys who ran it in the pub and buying beers for em and generally being friendly was a good thing.

I could either walk into the KFC and have a beer out the back with the manager and some free food or go to the other cheap chicken place ran by Cypriots who gave me free food and some evil shit to drink that blew your lungs out.

heard a good story years ago about a guy who was stuck in the city without transportation OR Money,,,:(:|[:/]
10 miles from home...[:/]
It was raining, and miserable and he sure didn't wanna WALK all that way...:|
sooooo
he went to a dominos pizza, ordered a pie FOR delivery....:o
hitched a ride with the Pizza guy,,,
and when he got home, went inside to get the $$$ for the Pizza.....and tip....:)cheaper than a taxi.... :P AND you get dinner!!!:oB|;):):)

Not sure about the beer part... but WHY NOT???!!:ph34r:

jmy

Well?

Is it wrong to ring for a taxi and get the driver to pick up beers and deliver them to your house?

If you do that instead of getting behind the wheel after you've already had a few, I think it's the best idea I've heard in a while.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Why not order a pizza, and have the pizza delivery guy bring you the beer too? That way you get pizza AND beer.;)

I used to deliver pizza. I did this a couple times. I made pretty good tips, but who knows if those people were old enough to drink beer (its a college town). I guess I could have gotten in pretty big trouble, so the big tip was justified for my risk.

I suppose if you're preapred to pay and they're preapred to deliver... GAME ON! B|

Exactly. Hell, it's like paying somebody to pack your main. But if you're willing to pay for a service, it's also the American way !

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !