dgskydive

hardest thing I have ever had to do

If you're jumping again, I've got another 00 jump coming up sometime next year. Do I get another full-face kiss pass? ;)

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

All I remember was that you dropped off the radar sometime around 06 and was having some problems. A lot of folks, including myself, were having problems at that time. There were a few burnt bridges for a few of us although we had the best intentions. Every now and then life throws you a curve ball, but you have to keep on swinging.

Thats life though, and true friends do not need to forgive, because they understood the issues going on and did not let you burn the bridge.

Dom, if people choose to not forgive or accept just know that the only person you answer to is yourself and if at the end of the day you feel you lived the best you could then great, if you have not then tomorrow wake up and try again.

Im not the most subtle person and I piss alot of people off but theres enough of a support system in my life to handle me and actually like it and besides the above I have learned that I really do not care who does not like me, there is no need to defend myself, my enemies will not believe it and my friends do not need it. Good job on working towards a happier you because that is all that matters...

BTW Chris, Don and well alot of you have met and hung out with him back in the day think the last time I saw him was late 2005 at the farm
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

All to often we are remembered for how we fell down, how we stumbled over our rocky path. I dont know you my friend, but you are a great man for being in this place in your life, take what you know to be true and live in happiness and light.

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

Dom, if people choose to not forgive or accept just know that the only person you answer to is yourself and if at the end of the day you feel you lived the best you could then great, if you have not then tomorrow wake up and try again.

If they dont want to open the lines of communication, that is there choice and I wont blame them. Not one bit. But I wasnt being the best person I could have been, not by a long shot. In fact I was just about as shitty as it gets, to some very great and kind hearted people, SO the fault and blame is mine. Still trying, everyday.
Dom

Wonderful post, and a great start to regaining what you've realized you lost.

I wish you the best! :)

Ill second that !
It takes a big person to post something like that, good luck to you and i hope your freinds get in contact.
Lifes to short !
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

But I wasnt being the best person I could have been, not by a long shot. In fact I was just about as shitty as it gets, to some very great and kind hearted people, SO the fault and blame is mine. Still trying, everyday.

Sadly that happens in life, generally to those we love the most. It takes a big person to admit fault and accept blame. The only thing you can do is work towards getting better and congrats on taking that step. I hope you gain the forgiveness you seek, and if for some chance they are not willing to accept it I hope you find peace in the fact that because of how you hurt those who love you, you learned more about who you want to be and how to avoid that in the future.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

All I remember was that you dropped off the radar sometime around 06

Z-hills wasnt the best place for me. That is for sure, but my problems started before I got there. I kinda used Z-hills (or tried to) as a fresh start, but somethings just dont go away with a new location, they may even get worse.

Apparently, it wasn't the best place for either of us. I'm in Idaho now.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

I allowed myself to go down a path that I never imagined I would and as a result I turned into a very awful person.

It was because of a girl, right? ;) It's always because of a girl. ;)

Welcome back!

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

I always wondered where you got to. Thank you for the post.

I am not the type to hold grudges. It's been a long long time since i thought about what happened or why it happened, but know that what DID happen taught me some things as well, about myself, about *real life* and real problems, and about forgiveness.

I haven't decided if i'll PM you yet, but i do want you to know that while forgiveness doesn't necessarily mean forgetting, that I forgave you a long time ago.

-Andi
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

It was because of a girl, right? Wink It's always because of a girl. Wink

good to see you have changed. lol

Sorry to blow your idea out of the water, but the girl opened my eyes and saved my life. She dumped me, but she never stopped caring and I wouldnt have made it with out her.
Dom

Welcome back!

At the end of the day, do you respect yourself now? Can you hold your head high and smile? That's really all that matters. Your friends will forgive you and wish you well.

Happy holidays. :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

THanks Andi. If you want to PM am here. I am sure you have questions or want to talk or vent. I may be able to help you at least understand what really was going on. Because I have never told anyone the whole story and I am sure there are a lot of half truths and assumptions out there. I dont care what others think, but you and a few others mean a lot to me.

I wish I could pinch your nose again sometime. Maybe even be able to turn a few blocks. I didnt show it, but I do love ya. THat is the truth.
Dom

At the end of the day, do you respect yourself now? Can you hold your head high and smile?

that is what this is about. Im holding it up, but not real high yet and the smiles are starting. Respecting myself well this is a part of it as well. If I make an honest effort to make things right then I can respect myself. I just want those effected to know that I am am sincere about this.

Happy
Dom

Hi Dom. Dunno about no history, but sounds like you're working on making your future. Good start.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

But I wasnt being the best person I could have been, not by a long shot. In fact I was just about as shitty as it gets, to some very great and kind hearted people, SO the fault and blame is mine. Still trying, everyday.

Sadly that happens in life, generally to those we love the most. It takes a big person to admit fault and accept blame. The only thing you can do is work towards getting better and congrats on taking that step. I hope you gain the forgiveness you seek, and if for some chance they are not willing to accept it I hope you find peace in the fact that because of how you hurt those who love you, you learned more about who you want to be and how to avoid that in the future.

+1
:)
Life is not fair and there are no guarantees...

Hey Dom, good to see you around again.

Never really heard or kept track of what you were up to, just knew you dropped off the radar all of a sudden.

In any event, I think we all go through bad patches where we are not who we want to be yet, glad to see you're climbing out of the bad, and making a positive time of it. I wish you all the best in your journey.

NYC is an amazing place isn't it? I've got friends there, so if I'm ever in town I'll look you up!:)
Blue Skies, to you friend.

----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Dom, I'm very proud of you for reaching out to those loved ones, whom you've wronged. Your post was amazing and genuine. I know that you're ashamed of some of your past. Hopefully, you can repair some of your old relationships, but even if not, you are all amazing people.

Also, I genuinely felt that you tried to mentor some of us newer jumpers back in the day. Thank you for your friendship and guidance. I still miss flying with you. Love ya, Dom!

Well, hmmm....
That is the guy I was thinking of recently, looks like he is on his way back. Thought of you quite a few times, in many ways. Of course always hoping for the best.

Wait till you hear the rest of your story, you will absolutely just.....Well you just will.
Its ironic that you posted today, between your post and another occurrence today (just a few hours ago) I think we can say that hopefully the final chapter is being written as we speak. Not necessarily easy sometimes, but its part of the "phase" and it will change.
I am thrilled man, and look forward to hearing from you! You still owe me a lobster freaking dinner, don't ya think?!!

Keep smiling brother, it has powerful affects!

Breathe deep and call a friend.

I for one think you will do just fine with your journey!
J