Acoisa

Are military people more neat and diciplined than civilians?

Dunno, but in the UK you can spot (ex-)military men because they wear bigger wrist watches than other people. And when it's hot they wear 'sporty' shorts with socks.

I wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes in the forces, because I'm not very good at being yelled at.

doubt it, my apartment is usually a mess, not dirty just cluttered with dive gear, rock climbing gear, skydive stuff. On the other hand when i go to work, my uniform, boots are in imaculate condition.

Im more diciplined and neat at work, not really at home haha
The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

It really depends on the individual character. I continuously try my best to be as squared away as possible, both on and off duty. So yes, I keep my stuff all neat and organized.

There are a lot of people who don't keep their stuff neat and orderly in the military. We simply call them shitbags.
Skydiving: You either learn from other's mistakes, or they'll learn from yours.

I wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes in the forces, because I'm not very good at being yelled at.

I'm not sure anyone is really GOOD at being yelled at... :PB|:S:D

That's a whuffo approach to the military.
You only see the shit they show you on TV.

It hasn't been bad to me. I worked in the civilian world from the age of 12 to 23 and in the military since.

It has by far exceeded my expectations.

There are multiple jobs you can do. its not the same old cubicle day in and day out.

As far as neater? probably not.
More disciplined? absolutely (on average)
My photos

My Videos

I'm not sure anyone is really GOOD at being yelled at... :PB|:S:D

That's a whuffo approach to the military.
You only see the shit they show you on TV.
Oh absolutely... I've never been yelled at... even/especially in my initial training...

I was just saying that IMHO no one is really good at being yelled at... ;)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I know a few military guys that are not that cleanly at all....that is more from the individual character. If your not married....You can always get a wife and have her do it for you. :D

edit to add....that if you think I am serious your going to have one hell of a rocky marriage!

F LORIDA!

Dunno, but in the UK you can spot (ex-)military men because they wear bigger wrist watches than other people. And when it's hot they wear 'sporty' shorts with socks.

That's O.K, you're not allowed to shout at squadies anymore - it hurts their feelings.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Oh absolutely... I've never been yelled at... even/especially in my initial training...

I was just saying that IMHO no one is really good at being welled at... ;)

Maybe it was my way o fthinking but when I joined I didnt get yelled at.

we got rushed around alot but its just a big game.
My TI/DI was 6'7" without his hat.
He wasn't meek at all but I saw through the game and when he spoke to me it was always in a normal voice.
BUT HE DID YELL at people who couldnt pull their weight.
The funniest thing was when we were in formation one of the guys (total moron) in front of me did something dumb again (i cant remember what)
so the TI got in his face. You know, with the brim of his hat in his face.
He chewed the guy out and when he guy responded was where the magic came. Here's a transcript :ph34r:

His name was Strein (pronounced Strain)
Strein: Sir, no, Sir.
TI: Strein, did you brush your teeth today?
Strein: Yes Sir.
TI: Did you have a shit sandwich for lunch?
Strein: Yes Sir!

I was standing right behind strein and I let out a short laagh that must've sounded more like someone making a fart sound.
The TI looked at me forced his smile away and continued his chew out.

when he was done he looked at me as he walked passed me with a smile shaking his head.

That was 12 years ago.
My photos

My Videos