RkyMtnHigh

How was Lost Prairie???

It was great! Bolas froze his little naked ass off though, especially after his near naked pieing for his 1,000th jump. Got my 500th in, participated in quite a few Mad John 12 to 20 ways, drank a little bit in the evenings;)

Doc

"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

It was great! Bolas froze his little naked ass off though, especially after his near naked pieing for his 1,000th jump. Got my 500th in, participated in quite a few Mad John 12 to 20 ways, drank a little bit in the evenings;)

Doc

Didn't Fozz have a milepost jump at LP as well?

Doc

Didn't Fozz have a milepost jump at LP as well?

fozz hit 400, doc 500, bolas 1000, shannon 4000 and there was also another milestone jump but don't know the number. topless tuesday, red nightie night did go off but not with the stellar participation of years previous........I didi ride the skyvan up and watched docs jump.....and contemplated jumping out of the van if I didn't think doc wouldn't totally kick my ass for doing so. there were a couple of minor injuries but I didn't hear of anything major......there were a couple of water jumps and spent most of the afternoons at the lake doing therapy. Had a great time and have some great blackmail pics of both doc and bolas:o:o:o:o
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Wellllllll....pics, please;):ph34r:

...and a MEGA CONGRATS to all of those who made their milestone jumps at LP!!! WOO HOO!!! B|
...especially Bolas! after his whirlwind of cutaways for the first half of 2008! I'm impressed by your tenacity!

How many times do we have to repeat this?

The beer was warm, the skydives were sucky, the weather was bad, and there were TOO MANY DAMN CANADIANS!!!!!!

Nah, as always, Fred and Lenni rolled out the red carpet and took great care of us. Despite some wicked winds, Bryan and the crew from SDAZ kept the planes turning as best they could whenever it was safe to fly. Mad John was in always-great form with the Almost (and Not Quite) Sober Loads, Doc's 500th was clusteriffic, and Horizon Air was kind enough to provide us with a little extra excitement for Fozz's 400th. The Lang Brewery demo was stellar as usual, with the extra excitement of a new tasting room, new brews, and a great spread of yummy appetizers to feed hungry skydivers.

I just got home after the 9 1/2 hour drive home (half of which was by myself after dropping my better half off at the Spokane airport). And I had a lot of time by myself to think. I figured something out on my ride home - I now know where I want my ash dive to be.

No matter what's going on in my life, going to Lost Prairie is like coming home. I've never really felt like I have a "home" DZ - I'm too much of a vagabond, have friends at too many places, and DZ politics tends to get in the way, anyway. But even if I only go there one week out of the year, and even if some of the faces are the same, and some of the faces are different, going to Prairie is like going home.

This year, the weeks leading up to Prairie were immensely stressful, probably some of the most stressful in recent memory, and I found my trip to LP looming as an (almost) unwelcome distraction, just another stressor on top of a bunch of other stressors. But I stuck to the plan, even though the trip this year was shorter than usual, and when we came up over the hill and saw McGregor Lake and the turnoff to Lower Lost Prairie Road there at the bottom of the hill, I knew there was no way I could have missed LP - I was home. As the road turned from paved to dirt and the dust clouds swirled up around the car, and the dropzone appeared across the meadow - I was home.

And so it occurred to me on the long drive back to Seattle tonight - what better place for my final home, but the place that always feels like home? Of course I hope it won't be for a long long long long time. But just in case - it seems people's ash dives are always at their "home" DZ but I bet if I went in tomorrow people would scratch their head saying "Uh, where would she want us to have it?" For the record ... now you know: At LP, during the boogie. :)

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Thanks for the overview! That's so AWESOME! I am definitely planning for next year! *Shit* just got in my way this year, but hey, it's temporary *shit*:ph34r: Can't stress about that.

Sooooo....did Shell perform "topless" manifesting?;)

Also, doesn't Lang Brewery have a "Skydiver Stout" or something?

Sounds like a great event! So glad it was a safe one as well. I can't wait to see pics and hear funny stories:D

Skydiver Blonde. ;)

No topless manifesting (that I know of) but Shell did lead the Crack Choir with all her usual style. :D skybytch did do some time at manifest (as far as I know, she had her top on, too).

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Wellllllll....pics, please;):ph34r:

...and a MEGA CONGRATS to all of those who made their milestone jumps at LP!!! WOO HOO!!! B|
...especially Bolas! after his whirlwind of cutaways for the first half of 2008! I'm impressed by your tenacity!

So . . . heh . . . did Randy owe beer for NOT having a cutaway?:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Here's my photos of Bolas, pre-nudity.

The other guy in the photos is Mason from West Plains (is he a DZ.commer?) I have to give credit to the whole West Plains crew for pulling the classic "Help us pie this other guy" trick on Mason, then turning on him. The 100-jump wonders fall for it every time. :D:D

The other guy in the photos is Mason from West Plains (is he a DZ.commer?) I have to give credit to the whole West Plains crew for pulling the classic "Help us pie this other guy" trick on Mason, then turning on him. The 100-jump wonders fall for it every time.

I'll keep that in mind since I should do #100 at Leap for Lupus this weekend. B|
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

Here's my photos of Bolas, pre-nudity.

The other guy in the photos is Mason from West Plains (is he a DZ.commer?) I have to give credit to the whole West Plains crew for pulling the classic "Help us pie this other guy" trick on Mason, then turning on him. The 100-jump wonders fall for it every time. :D:D

hehehehehe.....that was classic! He had no clue that he was going to get nailed - we just couldn't resist. Good thing too as he eneded up getting his 100th later in the day on sunday after we had left. Lots of fun and games......but that really isn't unusual for Lp:D:D:D:D
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I've been trying to figure out what to post about LP, but it was such an incredibly fun time I don't know where to start. I will say that Bolas in a thong is most likely going to be a looooong lasting memory. He definitely kept things interesting. From listening to wolves howl in the early morning to being under canopy with a bald eagle in the air, even Mother Nature contributed to the experience. I was able to try so many new things that i think I owe enough beer to open a small brewery, and I only jumped 8 times. i can hardly wait for next year. B|B|

"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

hmm,what to say about LP from me.:S I took lots of good pics on the 20hr drive to and from CA to MT including some excellent pics of Doc's 500th pieing and Bolas' 1000th.(yes I was an instigator on both incidents...Nightingale and I made the trip to town for 27pie plates and 14lbs of whipped cream for all the milestone jumps)>:(.

I got to meet SO many great new people...doc,lady,granny,michele,amazon,skootz,tallguy and everyone else that I'm forgetting (sorry!)plus hanging out with bytch,Keith,Clay and other dz.commers I'd met at other boogies again.

doc and lady...your company was great and dinner was always orgasmic!Thanks for the company during my 'down time' and letting me in on doc's 500th pieing.Plus the great health advice for my dad.

let me see what else...I was the Designated Dog Sitter. :S

I think I got Doc addicted to Amaretto Sours after I drank the bar almost dry of Amaretto all week.:ph34r:but I got addicted to his food so its an even trade I think.plus I got way to into the Lang and jello shots.

I talked Nightingale into learning poker.

I had to "present my goods" for the boobie inspector...."I only do it for officials!" hahaha!:ph34r:

I have WAY too much info for sig lines now from all the "off" comments.hehehe!see sig line for prime example.

I was also an instigator of the only RB initiation of the whole boogie,which belonged to Amazon.yay!(kudos to TallGuy for helping us out with the initiation.You rock Kevin!)

Nightingale,Bolas and I all made the trip to Glacier Natl. Park which was gorgeous!

I went the entire boogie w/o a cigarette!woohoo!B|

and I froze my ASS off at night in the freezing temps!

I'll leave the rest for others to post.If anyone wants copies of my pics please send me a PM w/your addy and I'll mail ya a CD.

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

If anyone wants copies of my pics please send me a PM w/your addy and I'll mail ya a CD.

How bout posting a couple highlight pics for those of us slackers who didn't make it!

xoxo
g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

skybytch did do some time at manifest (as far as I know, she had her top on, too).

I can confirm that my top stayed on while I was in manifest.

Still don't understand why all you people leave on Sunday. You have NO idea what you are missing by leaving so damn early.

Losers. :P