FlyingJ

How did you start your New Year?

So how did you start 2009?

I started off slowly as I wasn't feeling well (flu like, not hungover) but I took my motorcycle out for a couple hundred miles and I was a whole new person when I got back (though my tailbone was a bit sore).

My 94 Honda has had every bit of comfort well worn out of it, but it was still a good way to spend the first day of 2009!
Killing threads since 2004.

Harleygirl and I got up and drove from Canyon Lake, CA, which is near Elsinore, to Casa Grande. We've started our numbers, and now we're going over to the Iron Skillet to eat. Tomorrow, it's Anthony NM to hang out with my old law associate from El Paso, and then on to San Antonio and then HOME to Houston on Sunday.

Presently we're watching Twilight Zone A Thon.
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

I rang in the New Year while talking on the phone to a friend. That was pretty cool. ;)

Then I replied to the drunken HNY text messages, posted on here for a bit and then fell asleep... only to wake up late (for me) this morning. Sweet. :)
I then went to the DZ and hung out there all afternoon. Had to drop off my new rig for an inspection and repack, and since it was too cold for me to jump I just chilled (literally) with AliMac.

After that I came home and grabbed some leftover pork loin for dinner and then jumped back on the Internet to check on the twat waffle situation on here and also try to find good airfare to Sebastian and Z-Hills for next weekend. And the weekend after that if I decided to cancel Mexico since I can't get anyone to go with me and I don't want to go alone this time. The Mexico week may be replaced by 3 weekend skydiving trips... :S

I guess 2009 is off to an okay start... :)

Always be kinder than you feel.

Hair of the dog and laughing at the bruise on my face from a party popper that was accidentally shot in my direction.

Didn't do anything today. It was a slugfest. :)

Yeah, bruise on your face from an "accidental shot" in your direction .... Hmmmmmm..... was that meant to be a pearl necklace? :):):)
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

Hair of the dog and laughing at the bruise on my face from a party popper that was accidentally shot in my direction.

Didn't do anything today. It was a slugfest. :)

Yeah, bruise on your face from an "accidental shot" in your direction .... Hmmmmmm..... was that meant to be a pearl necklace? :):):)

I gotta say it.......

"Get used to it!!" :)

Sorry, that goes back to a CK "incident" which I was "recognized" for at our Christmas Party. :P
Always be kinder than you feel.

Started the new year off with a midnight jump. I could see the fireworks going off at the end of my freefall, and during the entire canopy ride, which was a bit scary due to a wind shear that was flying me backwards.
Skydiving: You either learn from other's mistakes, or they'll learn from yours.

In bed, asleep by midnight.

Then attended a new year's day party with several other couples with kids where the ladies chatted their heads off and the men watched the bowl games, and the older kids watched the toddlers. :P

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Was involved with a double fatal road traffic accident (father & son) New Years Eve and found a body in a flat last night that had been there for weeks [:/]

Not been a good start to the year for many families :(

Scoop AKA 'The Reaper'