iluvtofly

So how are you going to improve your life in 2009???

I'm starting school at the Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Technician and Professional Development Center in Frontenac, Ks. on Jan. 12th. This is the only school ran by Harley themselves. Guaranteed employment after finishing the two year courseB|

"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

2009 is already off to a much better start for me. 2008 is a distant blurrr. *whew!*

So, how am I going to improve my life in 2009?...Just "Keep on Truckin'" and I mean that in more ways than one.;)

...and I'd like to dedicate this next song to Rocky:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPNgjA4i6gM
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Get busy living or get busy dying.

Take care of my body a bit more.

Close a few chapters, and solidify a few others.

Continue to try and convince people that I'm not bored, I just look bored.

:)

SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

I'm starting school at the Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Technician and Professional Development Center in Frontenac, Ks. on Jan. 12th. This is the only school ran by Harley themselves. Guaranteed employment after finishing the two year courseB|

Wow! Congrats! I would imagine there is a big demand for highly qualified HD mechanics.
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

I'm done drinking after seeing how much of an ass someone can possibly make of themselves. I decided that I do not want to be that person. This is not a new years resolution but an epiphany after watching others. No, epiphany is an actual word, not just a name black people give their kids.

Quitter!
New Year's Day - 13 years ago - I woke up with a nasty hang-over and could not think of a logical explanation for why I was doing so much damage to my body.
... have not touched alcohol since.

Get a college degree. A completely worthless degree as it's only an AA in History, but it's the first postsecondary degree that anybody in the past four generations of my family has earned.

You would be amazed at how much a "useless" BA in history impresses border guards and prospective employers.

Well, the first thing I'm going to do is become a rigger - starting Saturday, I'm attending our 9-day senior rigger's course!

I've been told I'm about to have my ass handed to me - sounds like fun. :P

Then I'll tackle becoming a non-smoker; I'm getting really sick of those little cancerous bastards.

That was my last years resolution too. I managed to do it (although it was hard). This years is trying to lose the weight I put on as a result :P

I'm done drinking after seeing how much of an ass someone can possibly make of themselves. I decided that I do not want to be that person. This is not a new years resolution but an epiphany after watching others. No, epiphany is an actual word, not just a name black people give their kids.

Sounds like we had very similar nights [:/]

The bankruptcy that was started last year will be final in January. The divorce will be filed very soon afterward.

All 3 of my girlfriend's kids already call me dad, so when HER divorce is final, life will be soooo much better.

The more I look back, the more I realize my life is far from bad. That doesn't mean I was happy. Far from it in fact.

People have told me how much I've changed in the last 9 months. (It's been 9 months since I was in a horrific accident while driving my semi). I was thinking they had a screw loose. Now I realize that I'm a different person than I was then. Not really "changed" per-se, but different.

A few quotes i've found to describe the "newer" me:

"I am who I am, Your approval isn't needed."

"Many people have told me that I've changed, but the truth is I think I've just found myself."

"Be who you want to be, not what others want to see."

"There comes a time in life when you have to let go of all the pointless drama and the people who create it and surround yourself with people who make you laugh so hard you forget the bad and focus soley on the good. After all, life is too short to be anything but happy."

And one of my favorites:

"It's my life. Talk all of your shit as if I give a fuck."

So, even though I KNOW 2009 will rate among the best years of my life, it took 2008 (and before) to make 2009 great.

Here's to all of you finding what it takes to make the rest of your lives EXACTLY what you want. :)

It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

I'm going to be 50

NO WAY :S:S
You don't look a day over..... 49 ;)

Are gonna be having a birthday jump?

BP

:D:D Cheers mate - I hope to.

Ok in that case I'm gonna add to my list:

'Jump with Shroppie on his 50th' B|

'Provide entertainment with my patented TLF (Tumble Landing Fall)' :D

BP

Let's see...my 2009 goals:

1) pay off my credit card

2) get a Body Bugg (thingy you wear on your arm that tells you how many calories that you burn)

3) lower by body fat % to 18%

4) buy a new motorcycle

I have other goals as well, but I'm going to work on these first. :)

http://3ringnecklace.com/

You would be amazed at how much a "useless" BA in history impresses border guards and prospective employers.

The BA will be useful. Unfortunately, doing the next two years of school to get there is looking like it's going to be difficult. When people with decent credit aren't getting student loans, those of us without decent credit can expect to get fucked.

I'm sure the franchise owners will appreciate the fact that I have an AA in History when I go apply for some kind of job that will allow me to save up 2 years worth of college tuition. Would you like to try our new chicken nuggets?

One of mine was to be 'more happy' and 'cheerful'.
To smile more and engage people with warmth.

I have been working hard on this as well and it was great until this morning.

My smiling and warmth has landed me in trouble with a girl who works in the office. I was just being nice to everyone, but have bumped into and been nice to her twice since yesterday.

Her husband 'caught' me smiling and being nice to her today and did not seem to impressed. [:/]

On top of that a colleague of mine has just told me something about the husband..."he knows kung fu" :S:o

Jeez, all this trouble over a poxy smile. >:(>:(

BP