kikkoman

Skinned animal found on my campus.

Kalafut said there was some question whether the animal -- which weighed 25 to 30 pounds and had "canine characteristics" -- was perhaps a fox and or a coyote. But he said it was more than likely a dog.

Those are some bright investigators, figuring out the corpse is both a fox and a coyote at the same time...

Kalafut said there was some question whether the animal -- which weighed 25 to 30 pounds and had "canine characteristics" -- was perhaps a fox and or a coyote. But he said it was more than likely a dog.

Those are some bright investigators, figuring out the corpse is both a fox and a coyote at the same time...

A fauxoyte?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Maybe someone bagged a coyote and kept the pelt.

Yes, that's my first thought. That's a little big for a fox, but coyote fur is used commercially for several things. The fur edge on winter parka hoods is usually coyote.
I don't know about Michigan, but they are considered a nusiance species in lots of areas and it's open season. No blood at the scene would mean the carcass was just dumped, not killed there.

I see deer remains (legs and ribcages that have been cleaned of meat) by the side of the road just outside of town every so often during deer season.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo