BillyVance

New cat

Most of you already knew I'd adopted a deaf cat. This cat has the standard gene mutation that gives it an all-white fur coat, and different colored eyes - one blue and one green. I had posted pics on Facebook and a statement that I was looking for a good home for her since at first glance, she wasn't working out well here.

In the last couple weeks, she and the other two established cats have settled down, and she's not pissing on the stove anymore, so we might as well keep her.

She's a beautiful cat, and a load of fun to play with using a flashlight, but under that fluffy ball of fur lies a ruthless motherfucker... :D B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I see what you mean. She skinned the mouse alive and then ate the head.

She skinned the mouse, yes, but the head's still there. Its skin just got pulled past it!

Note the intricate detail... you can see the ribs, and a certain dark organ, among other things... B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Try a laser pointer instead of a flash light, they go nuts trying to catch that little red dot.

I've mentioned that to my wife, but she goes nuts over the flashlight beam as it is. Very comical. Once I get her coiled up on the floor at the wall eyeing the beam next to her, I can get her to jump 4 feet up the wall chasing it! B|

Most of you already knew I'd adopted a deaf cat. This cat has the standard gene mutation that gives it an all-white fur coat, and different colored eyes - one blue and one green. I had posted pics on Facebook and a statement that I was looking for a good home for her since at first glance, she wasn't working out well here.

In the last couple weeks, she and the other two established cats have settled down, and she's not pissing on the stove anymore, so we might as well keep her.

She's a beautiful cat, and a load of fun to play with using a flashlight, but under that fluffy ball of fur lies a ruthless motherfucker... :DB|

oh man...she`s a real bitch

...all-white fur coat...pissing on the stove...

Man, I should have taken a picture of the all-black mofo I just trapped and got rid of. He was a ferral cat that adopted the neighborhood and would piss on my front door. Your cat and him would have been a pair!

And for those who may cry 'foul' on me trapping 'blackie', I took him and let him go in the acreage around my sister's house (with her permission). LOTS of gophers and ground squirrels for him to catch and eat. Hmmmm....wonder if he skins his rodents like your kitty does.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

...all-white fur coat...pissing on the stove...

Man, I should have taken a picture of the all-black mofo I just trapped and got rid of. He was a ferral cat that adopted the neighborhood and would piss on my front door. Your cat and him would have been a pair!

And for those who may cry 'foul' on me trapping 'blackie', I took him and let him go in the acreage around my sister's house (with her permission). LOTS of gophers and ground squirrels from him to catch and eat. Hmmmm....wonder if he skins his rodents like your kitty does.

ltdiver

Hope there aren't any coyotes in the area. :(
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

She's a beautiful cat, and a load of fun to play with using a flashlight, but under that fluffy ball of fur lies a ruthless motherfucker... :DB|

Was that an optical mouse or just a regular mouse ( I guess is optical, I can't see a ball underneath it , unless it was removed for cleaning)

Sorry to hear the mouse crashed!
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

Most of you already knew I'd adopted a deaf cat.

So I take it your cat has permanent deafness, as opposed to the selective deafness that regular cats and wives exhibit. :)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I used to hate it when my siamese cats would leave birds and mice at my front step. I did realize that it is better than having mice run around the yard or house for that matter....but the birds I still had a hard time with. Thank God, it has been a while since my boys have left me me any presents. :S

F LORIDA!

The perils of bringing new pussies home!
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

Well, I've learned something about this cat.

Not only is she deaf, but she's DUMB too. Who'dathunk it.... a deaf and dumb cat... :S

Here's the story:

We have this stray cat, looks like Morris from the TV commercials in the '80s, that has been coming around for food for the last 5 years or so. He has never let me touch him in all this time. Well, last Friday I saw him limping badly. One hind leg looked out of place and his tail had a kink in it. Not sure what happened to him, but he definitely had some kind of wound and he was bleeding slowly. I figured I'd lure him into the garage to keep him safe until Monday morning and I would have Animal Control come and take him away and put out of his misery. Set a bowl of food on the floor at the back of the garage and left the door open. He came in, got to the food, and I hit the button. Laid out an old mattress pad for him to lay on and an old litter box nearby.

It didn't take long for me to realize that not only was he bleeding, urine was also seeping out with the blood, and holy fucking shit, this tomcat's piss smell is the worst I have ever experienced. Even if I open the door from the kitchen to check on him and close it quickly, I still have to get the can of Lysol air freshener and spray it all around the kitchen near the door.

Anyway, Monday came and the animal control officer showed up. That cat, who had tolerated me standing or squatting near him but still wouldn't let me touch him, hissed big time at the officer, who was a good 10 feet away and holding a pole with a snare loop on the end. For some reason or another, I forgot to close the garage door before the officer made an attempt to snare the cat, and he escaped. Fuck, he outran me to the woods on a bum leg. :S

Later that afternoon he was back at our front door and stayed there until Tuesday morning but ran when the AC officer showed up for another attempt. He decided to come back with a couple of trap cages that afternoon. Got them set up on both sides of the front door. The cat came back hungry, but he did not even bother going into the cages. I watched him scoop food out of the container by sticking his paw through the cage mesh. That's one smart motherfucker, I thought. Well, later that day I was checking the traps and replacing the cat food with some leftover chicken, since I knew he'd go right for it. What I didn't notice was that the deaf cat snuck out the front door when I wasn't looking, and when I turned around, she was already halfway into the other trap! I attempted to grab her but the trap slammed shut on her. All I could say was "you dumb bitch", and opened the trap to let her out. :D

I have been keeping my three cats indoor ever since. The orange stray cat is still there even now, still refusing to go inside the cages. However, I did find that another stray cat, an all black one, got trapped in one of the cages earlier tonight and he's really pissed off now. I've been seeing him around for the past year looking for food. He flees every time I open the door and walk out when he's right there in the yard or at the porch, so I know he's pretty much feral and not an adoptable cat. I'm keeping him in his cage tonight and will have AC take him away tomorrow morning. One less fucker to procreate, as bad as the stray population has gotten.

I've felt bad for the orange cat though. He's not getting any better and he's resisting every attempt to capture him. I asked AC if they could shoot him with a tranquilizer gun or something and they said no. All I could think was "why the fuck not? Why not just shoot the poor bastard in the head and end his pain?" [:/]

Anyway, sorry for the rambling. But I still have a deaf and dumb cat that's staying inside for good. :S:D