RkyMtnHigh

My Walk of Shame?

I don't think its a walk of shame...because for the past 3 months I have successfully proven that I CAN drive a semi-truck...I can drive insane 11 hours and deal with whackadoos on the road, pee in a "I can't believe its not butter" Bucket in the middle of the night, move my tandems and make weigh station/DOT requirements, I can do pretrip inspections which includes 104 point inspection under the hood as well as tractor/trailer checkpoints, etc...Trucking is HARD! a Lot harder than I originally thought it would be...It's also stressful as far as weather conditions that you MUST drive thru because there might be a J.I.T. customer who will impose a $20K fine for being late....it's exhausting work...little REAL sleep because what sleep you DO get is like sleeping on a washing machine on spin cycle....

I have so much else I would like to share, but I'm too exhausted coming off of my recent 6 weeks 48 states....through all sorts of weather...All I can say is how RELIEVED I am to be HOME!!!Here in Colorado around my friends....and a recent job offer from a Doc/Customer to be his Marketing Manager....I'm so excited to be back in HEALTHCARE and OFF the "ROAD"!!! It is great to say I did it, but it's even better to say that I'm not doing it anymore.

WHAT???:o

After all that work to learn trucking, you're going back to healthcare?:o

So was this offer from one of those places where you were interviewing a few months ago?

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

WHAT???:o

After all that work to learn trucking, you're going back to healthcare?:o

So was this offer from one of those places where you were interviewing a few months ago?

Nah, its a doc who used to be my customer back in the early 90s...I was his fav rep....and now I can work for him and kick ASS!!!! Its a freestanding MRI/CT/Xray/mammo center....went from one center when I called on them as a customer to now 13 centers!! Its my niche...its where I really belong.

Hey.... Congrats :)
You tried the trucking life and you did it but didn't like it.....
Strong!!!

I whish you all the best!

“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

I think you should change the thread title, you have no walk of shame. You took care of yourself, stepped outside of your comfort zone and learned a new skill. So you're not destined to be a truck driver, at least you tried! Congrats on that and congrats on finding a job you think you'll be happy with!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I think you should change the thread title, you have no walk of shame. You took care of yourself, stepped outside of your comfort zone and learned a new skill. So you're not destined to be a truck driver, at least you tried! Congrats on that and congrats on finding a job you think you'll be happy with!

Whatever!

She's a quitter!:|

:D:D:D:D:D;):P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

what a great adventure for you and think of everything that you learned not only about this profession and all of that but also about yourself! good luck with the new job.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

what a great adventure for you and think of everything that you learned not only about this profession and all of that but also about yourself! good luck with the new job.

Wow! You REALLY know how to coddle.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Please explain the "Shame" part. You did something that not a lot of women would even consider. You survived it. You learned a lot. Both about the job and about yourself. Congratulations.
I've been behind the wheel for 8 years now. Although winter sucks big time, I really do love my job (most days).
There's a lot more to it than just holding the steering wheel, isn't there?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

You did something that not a lot of people would even consider. You survived it. You learned a lot. Both about the job and about yourself. Congratulations.

Fixed it for ya. ;)

I agree with Joe. No shame about it. You went, you saw, you did, you decided it isn't for you. And now you have some great new stories to tell!

Nah, its a doc who used to be my customer back in the early 90s...I was his fav rep....and now I can work for him and kick ASS!!!!

A health professional talking about kicking ass???
Sounds kind of strange, but I just feel compelled to again post that clip I posted in the "House" thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6riY-103vbc
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The company has called me twice a day to ask me to reconsider and reassure me that if I stay that I'll have two days off and only be gone two weeks at a time versus my recent 6 weeks; and that I could stay in the western 11 states...blah blah.

With my own industry, I'll have my evenings and weekends back versus being chained to a truck in places that I don't want to be.

I suppose the "shame" part is the guilt that I'm feeling for walking away so early on.:S But, I'm silently doing the **HAPPY DANCE** inside about the Marketing Manager position with an amazing group of people who know the real me and appreciate what I bring to the table. My lesson learned through all those hours behind the wheel is the realization that my quality of life and happiness is about the people I have in my life. Its about relationships in every aspect of my day; its about how we can choose to make a positive impact in the lives of others.

With my own industry, I'll have my evenings and weekends back versus being chained to a truck in places that I don't want to be.

So Flint really left an impression on you?[:/]

Hell, you tried something different, took a bold move, experienced a world unknown to you - sounds like a good trip to me! ;)

In my dealings with drivers, I've always wanted to ride along on a shipment just to get an understanding of their world - you actually DID it! B|

Good luck!

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?