bigway

MS Paint. Colour issue

With MS Paint, I upload a outline sketch of a boat.

I want to colour in different parts of the boat with different colours.
However even when i choose blue or red or yellow or any colour it constantly only fills the outlines in with the grey shades.

Anyone know how i am meant to make it use the colours i have selected?

I can colour in colour photos with colours no problems at all but i can not colour in a photo of a sketch??? It will only colour in the photo of the sketch grey.

Here is the photo. Can anyone try and get this to paint in colour and tell me how please?

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Didn't give me any problem at all.

clicked on your image attachment

right click > copy

open paint

edit > paste

begin coloring.

I would say your color management settings are incorrect, but paint doesn't appear to have those. It's no photoshop.

Was it scanned, or photographed?
"User assumes all risk"

With MS Paint, I upload a outline sketch of a boat. I want to colour in different parts of the boat with different colours. However even when i choose blue or red or yellow or any colour it constantly only fills the outlines in with the grey shades.

I recall similar problems years ago when I tried to do something similar, when I was working on the equipment color programs I wrote. I just now loaded your file and a number of different graphic files and had the same result, but you can create a new file in MS Paint and color it. They can be painted in Paint Shop Pro just fine.

I changed the number of colors in PSP to more, and to less, but it still did not work. Then I did a screen save and pasted it to PSP and saved it to a file. MS Paint liked it then.

I read what some others had posted about grey scale attributes, but when you change a file to 16 million colors that grey scale stuff should not matter.

I'm glad I have PSP.