FlyingJ

BCS Championship Game

So, whadda'ya think?

I know I sound like a broken record, but I'm just hoping for a good competitive game. The blow-outs of the last two years have been a drag even though the right teams won both times.

At least it's not Ohio State this time!
Killing threads since 2004.

I'm going with Florida. At least they have a defense worth talking about. They are also very balanced on offense, and Tebow will almost surely get a first down on 3rd and short when they need it, just by bowling over anybody that gets in his way. And if it's third and long, he almost always gets a pass off to advance the chains.

Oklahoma has choked in the bowls the last several years. I'm not saying they will this time too. I actually think it will be a very competitive game. Hell, I wouldn't even put any bets on this game. You never know... But I'll pull for Florida.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I must have been totally brain locked when i decided to come to Miami this week. My hotel is primarily OK fans but the gators are well represented. I can't make up my mind who i want to win. I was trying to convince an OK fan to leave his wife at the hotel and take me instead. She got pissed when I pointed out that I knew where the good titty bars were
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Go Utah!

Oh, wait...

Elvisio "chortle" Rodriguez

UNDEFEATED!

I'll tell you what though, this is one of those years that the BCS didn't work. I'm pretty sure that OU and UF are the top two, based on what they did the latter half of the season. However, you can't deny that Texas, Utah and probably USC has a case to make, at least for some kind of playoff.

The head coaches for each of those three schools have said they would vote their own school #1 in the BCS poll, bucking the agreement they have with the system to unanimously give all votes to the BCS title game winner, and I say to them, go for it. It won't be the first time.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

My hotel is primarily OK fans...

We may have to do dinner in their bar so I can root for the Sooners against those other guys in relative safety.
....No, of course I don't give a sh*t about OK, but:

1) 'Nole for LIFE, B*TCHES!
2) The only thing harder to live with than slobbering, obnoxious Gator fans, is Gator fans with something to hoot about.
3) Jean's already as taken as hell. So what have I got to lose?
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

My hotel is primarily OK fans...

We may have to do dinner in their bar so I can root for the Sooners against those other guys in relative safety.

YOU, OTOH....I would expect that.

'Ricanair: Graduate of FU Elementary.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

At least its not Ohio State and its not USC. Two of the most over rated teams in college football!

You mean the same USC that's gone 10-0 in its last 10 games, winning them by a combined score of 380-80? The team that's 9-0 in its last 9 games again Big 10 opponents, including substantial wins this year against OSU and PSU? If USC hadn't stumbled in week 3, they'd be playing tonight and my money would be on them...but I agree with you about OSU. Buck the fuckeyes. :D

And yes, I'm quite happy that my hapless Huskies have stolen USC's offensive AND defensive coordinators. Maybe we can win a game next year. :S:$:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

GOD i hope the gators lose!!!!:P

-Sincerely, a still kinda sore Ohio State fan[:/]

Still sore after 2 years from the ass-fucking they gave ya? Ouch... :P

2) The only thing harder to live with than slobbering, obnoxious Gator fans, is Gator fans with something to hoot about.

Amen to that, brother.

I like watching Tebow play the game, but I think the Sooners outscore them. 38 - 28.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

GOD i hope the gators lose!!!!:P

-Sincerely, a still kinda sore Ohio State fan[:/]

Still sore after 2 years from the ass-fucking they gave ya? Ouch... :P

:D:D:D

Nice one! ;)

Well, I'm sure it wasn't just the Gators... After all, LSU fucked them just as bad too. :D

I say Florida, even though it makes me want to vomit a bit to consider saying "Go Gators". *Shivers*

But I'm an SEC girl in Big 12 country, so it has to be done.

We couldn't be more in sync with that. That's been one of the toughest things about living in Texas for me.
Killing threads since 2004.

who would have thought - almost the end of 1st quarter and no scores

some reallll nice hits

Who'd have thought the first quarter would end 0-0 and the game would be 7-7 at halftime? Lots of big hits, some quick passing and a few long runs. Tebow also doubled his interception total for the year, from 2 to 4. Wow... and Oklahoma had 1st and goal, and couldn't even get a 4th down converted for a TD. And then with 10 seconds left and the ball on the 6 yard line, Bradford throws a pass to the goal line and it gets batted up and juggled by a couple players and Florida ends up with it. That was crazy!

In the Big 12, this game would probably be a 21-21 score at half-time. I can't wait to see what the 2nd half will go like...