NWFlyer

Weekend Numbers January 10-11, 2009

;):2:0

Only two jumps before the creeping "coughing up a lung" sickness that's been threatening all week decided to really kick my ass, but it was a fun day hanging out at the DZ anyway. The new (permanent) landing area at Skydive Sacramento is open and it is an unusually warm, gorgeous weekend here in Northern California. Skies were so clear we could see all the way to the Sierras, and the full moon made for some great views of everyone landing from sunset load.

After I stopped jumping, I went into town to get get a sandwich at Safeway and while waiting in line it was my honor to meet a really cool guy who saw my skydiving t-shirt and in a very low key way told me that he is retired from the 101st Airborne, but he made 30ish jumps back in the day (including some into Vietnam). I encouraged him and his wife to come out to the dropzone at least to watch, if not to jump again. B|

Thanks to Phil (Feeblemind) for inviting me on your 1000th!

Congrats!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

0:3::D
It was fun to finally get some weather so we could jump here at home. It was a bit too chilly for more than hop n'pops since it was only in the upper 30's. I owe beer for finally getting brave enough to land in our experienced jumper area. It's surrounded by barbed wire to keep the cows out so I hadn't been in any hurry. I did fine, but it was a bit muddy.[:/]

"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

0:3::D
It was fun to finally get some weather so we could jump here at home. It was a bit too chilly for more than hop n'pops since it was only in the upper 30's. I owe beer for finally getting brave enough to land in our experienced jumper area. It's surrounded by barbed wire to keep the cows out so I hadn't been in any hurry. I did fine, but it was a bit muddy.[:/]

-----SAFE------

not really over the weekend but...more over the last week!

:$:30:0

a bunch of nice jumps.....got to meet dse (again), thanatos, msg8trdiver, d-squared, mamajumps, skittles and darktredder....to name a few! Had a great time at the sebastian invasion and then stayed on to do some more jumping once things quieted down. Don't let doc fool you...he owes beer for his first wingsuit flight....

thanks to everyone who played in the sky and on the ground with us. as usual sebastian was great and we are looking forward to next year already!;)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

0/6/:D

Well after 4 brief years in sport, a lot of advice, and a non-skydiving related knee surgery...... I reached 1,000 skydives. I was very fortunate that I got to make that jump with 22 of my friends out of the Otter at the new Skydive Sacramento (Donny was flying right seat, but I know he was there in spirit).

My newly anointed Skygod (just kidding ;) Folks were busting my chops calling me one right before the pied the the hell out of me) but here is 2 cents worth the advice anyway....

"If you think you know it all, you're foolish....Learn from those you trust and NEVER disregard their advice... Hell you trusted them for a reason"

Edited at the advice of someone wiser than I

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

0/6/:D

Well after 4 brief years in sport, a lot of advice, and a non-skydiving related knee surgery...... I reached 1,000 skydives. I was very fortunate that I got to make that jump with 22 of my friends out of the Otter at the new Skydive Sacramento (Donny was flying right seat, but I know he was there in spirit).

My newly anointed Skygod advice is this....

"If you think you know it all, you're foolish....Learn from those you trust and NEVER disregard their advice... Hell you trusted them for a reason"

Congrats again, Buddy. But here is more advice.

"Never call yourself a Skygod", ;):D
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

;):9:0

2 RW jumps, one being Feeblemind's 1000th.

6 WS flights, most of which acting as base for fledgling birds.

1 just awesome birdeo to lead a tracking dive. My rider fell off just as we exited. Didn't want to just zoom off, so I flew dirty and fast vertical to stay with the trackers. Spaz, one of the vidiots on the jump, was flying along side and motioned for me to come close. When I did, he hopped on my back in mid flight and held on. It was a good balance of fall rate for me to easily lead the remainder of the tracking dive. The video from another video flyer is great.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

:(:4:maybe a few cases?

I love the first jumps of the year! After more than a few weeks off, I got back in the air with Karen Bilder's group trying some new exits she wanted to play with...What a great way to start the year!!! :)
~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

:)
Some fun 2-ways with newer A licensed jumpers working on whatever they wanted to work on. Did centerpoint 360s and no contact, a whole jump doing hop-overs, and tracking observation. A first four-way that I never got into because it was a zoo. Fun hanging in my slot and watching the new guy try to go hybrid.

Other than the 22 deg temps all day Saturday, it was a very nice weekend.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

20+:1:1

There were at least 20 paper plates with whipped cream, most of which ended up on Phil.

I had to make a skydive, Phil said he wouldn't do his 1000th without me. The fact that I jumped in January is proof that I love him.

First jump at Skydive Sacramento. Cocktail fixings = case of beer.

0:4:1

i owe for my 300th.

did some really fun sit fly jumps with my freefly partner, who i had not jumped with in over a month due to various reasons and a string of bad weather recently. by our 3rd jump we were tearing it up like last year, oh what a feeling!!
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

:)
I had a great time jumping out of the Otter at Skydive Sacramento in Lincoln on Saturday. It wasn't nearly as cold as it was there about a month ago. The completely separate high performance landing area is great, and I don't think non-swoopers had to walk much further to get to the packing area.

I had a fun wingsuit jump with monkycndo, 4 good freefly jumps, and got to fly alongside as Nick climbed aboard monkycndo on the birdeo track.
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

;);):1:1/2:D

Playing with the Army all weekend so I couldn't make it out till late Sunday. Found some jumpers and talked em into a last min jump. Half a case for making my first jump in uniform. No way that's a full on first price.
DS #149
Yes I only have 3 jumps...it's the magic number dude.