floridadiver81

Im joining the police force AND getting back into hockey!

Ive had a great night so far! My roommate and i(the good one) went skating like i do every sunday night. Well rick tells me that he is thinking of joining the police force upon getting out of the navy in a few months. Now when i first got out i looked at the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office website at the requirements to become a police officer. It specifically stated that you need a completed associates degree or have 4 years military experince working in a security related job. The security related job had me cancelled out. I was a cook in the navy. So i threw that idea out. Well....we said otherwise that you just need military experience period. So theres a clay country sheriff that stays at the rink for security. We started talking to him and as it turns out all you need is 2 years military experience...thats it. It doesnt matter what you did in the military as long as you were discharged honorable. Im going to do a little more research but im giving serious thought to doing it considering i wanted to do it almost 2 years ago! Im qualified through the military to carry everything from a 9mm to a M16 so he said that will help out immensely also. Pretty much he told me that if it came down to it and it was between me and someone with no military time and a degree they would take me. So hell yeah!

Then on top of that...i have been searching everywhere for an adult rollerhockey league in jacksonville since i got here in 2005. They didnt exist. Well i asked to talk to a manager of the rink to see if he knew of anything. Apparently my timing was impeccable. The manager i talked to was actually the manager of the rink in Mandarin and they are actually starting a league on the 26th of this month. They are having a meeting tomorrow night at 7:30. Im so excited! I havent play organized hockey in over 8 years. A couple pick up games and intramural stuff here and there....but nothing league structured and sanctioned. Another hell yeah! My life is actually starting to get better!!!
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

: Hey, don't sell yourself short...

This guy was 'just a cook' in the Navy...look how badass he turned out to be...

***Most people don't know this, but after floridadiver81 became a priest, but before he was recruited by the Clay County Police dept, he ran a bad ass Kung Fu school that Steven Segal and Chuck Norris attended. He sold the school when he found out they knocked over his roommates motorcycle.

John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

Ive had a great night so far! My roommate and i(the good one) went skating like i do every sunday night. Well rick tells me that he is thinking of joining the police force upon getting out of the navy in a few months. Now when i first got out i looked at the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office website at the requirements to become a police officer. It specifically stated that you need a completed associates degree or have 4 years military experince working in a security related job. The security related job had me cancelled out. I was a cook in the navy. So i threw that idea out. Well....we said otherwise that you just need military experience period. So theres a clay country sheriff that stays at the rink for security. We started talking to him and as it turns out all you need is 2 years military experience...thats it. It doesnt matter what you did in the military as long as you were discharged honorable. Im going to do a little more research but im giving serious thought to doing it considering i wanted to do it almost 2 years ago! Im qualified through the military to carry everything from a 9mm to a M16 so he said that will help out immensely also. Pretty much he told me that if it came down to it and it was between me and someone with no military time and a degree they would take me. So hell yeah!

Then on top of that...i have been searching everywhere for an adult rollerhockey league in jacksonville since i got here in 2005. They didnt exist. Well i asked to talk to a manager of the rink to see if he knew of anything. Apparently my timing was impeccable. The manager i talked to was actually the manager of the rink in Mandarin and they are actually starting a league on the 26th of this month. They are having a meeting tomorrow night at 7:30. Im so excited! I havent play organized hockey in over 8 years. A couple pick up games and intramural stuff here and there....but nothing league structured and sanctioned. Another hell yeah! My life is actually starting to get better!!!

Ok so that is really butch...