freefallfreak

Life without Possibility of Parole in

Alabama... Is there such a thing? Or is there an appeal process that can overturn a conviction of Capitol Murder while committing a kidnapping/burglary? I ask this in all sincerity. I know the law is different in individual states and this takes place in Alabama. I'll go into specifics as soon as I can get a real/true answer for this question.

TripleF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

Thank you, Jorge but this concerns a 34 year old man that shot and killed a 53 year old grandmother in front of her 22 year old daughter and 8 year old grandson back in October of 2004. He was found guilty of capitol murder on Thursday and on Friday was sentenced to life without possibility of parole. An aggravated circumstance is - he was charged in 1993 with attempted murder but plea bargained down to assault 1. My question is - can he get an appeal and have the sentence dropped to life with possibility of parole, giving him the opportunity to be released during his lifetime?

TripleF

Hell I have got a cousin in N Florida.. just a good long spit from Alabama... she was a grandmother at age 29... I aint shittin...I dont know how many more generations of them there are now.. cause I try to avoid that part of my family like the dumb as dirt and proud of it plague they are.

Hell I have got a cousin in N Florida.. just a good long spit from Alabama... she was a grandmother at age 29... I aint shittin...I dont know how many more generations of them there are now.. cause I try to avoid that part of my family like the dumb as dirt and proud of it plague they are.

13 3/4 year old "get pregnant" average?

I hope SOMEONE went to jail...
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Nope... just shotgun induced weddings
the father was 14:S

And he was a vegtableat age 22.. drag racing and crashed the car.. was ejected.. no seat belt... and was hit by the other car

Darwin didn't get there quick enough this time...:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Well he was in a coma for about 3 years.. came out of it... and is at least pretty much capable of going to the bathroom by himself... But Cousin Judy.. she always stood by her man... ended up with a not right or bright child in a grown mans body I have not seen them all since the 60's... you just hear family gossip....

I have to know this: why would you go to a skydiving web site to conduct basic legal research?

In the time it took you to think of the issue, type it out, proofread it (for what that was worth) and kick back and wait for an answer from someone who is probably not an Alabama lawyer but who was bored enough to look it up for you, you could have easily looked it up yourself, starting with Google, or even - and I know this is a stretch here - a law-oriented website.

I have to know this: why would you go to a skydiving web site to conduct basic legal research?

In the time it took you to think of the issue, type it out, proofread it (for what that was worth) and kick back and wait for an answer from someone who is probably not an Alabama lawyer but who was bored enough to look it up for you, you could have easily looked it up yourself, starting with Google, or even - and I know this is a stretch here - a law-oriented website.

Yeah! You're taking time out of our boobies, beer, and bullshit posts!>:(

:P

Give the guy a break... sheesh.:S He's lookin' for info, and maybe he's not all that internet savvy. I've looked on Google for shit, been unsuccessful and came here. Ended up with someone posting a link in about 30 min.

We've got at least a few people on here that work in law offices. Maybe he'd rather try and get it from the horse's mouth. Here's a thought. If it bugs ya that he's posting this... DON'T READ IT! Instead of jumping all over his shit for trying another route to finding what he's looking for, go hit up the naked guy poswhore glory thread and entertain yourself.:S

It ain't SC. You don't have to break everyone's balls. (Although when done in a humorous manner, it is highly encouraged...:D)
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

You don't think your reply was completely predictable? Whuffos think skydivers are basically stupid. Even in Bonfire, there's really no reason to perpetuate the stereotype.

WTF are you talking about? Why the hell do you even give a damn if someone else that you don't know thinks your unintelligent??? That's like me saying I don't like pizza. No one cares about my opinion of pizza, just like I could give 2 shits if a whuffo thinks I'm unintelligent. It has nothing to do with the OP's question. The guy's looking for information and asking those on the site to see if any know the answer. If not, obviously, other avenues of approach will be required to come up with an answer.

I say again... if it bugs ya, go read a different thread.:|

Thank you for perpetuating the stereotype.

Notice you had no response to anything I said other than to put emphasis on a stereotype that is irrelevant to anything even remotely pertaining to my message.

Happy to help.

Wow, well I bet there is nothing you ask your friends about is there?

I have to know this: have you had a conversation before?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Thank you for perpetuating the stereotype.

Notice you had no response to anything I said other than to put emphasis on a stereotype that is irrelevant to anything even remotely pertaining to my message.

Happy to help.

One might think he's just a LITTLE over the recommended anger and resentment level for skydiver stereotypes.

I wonder if he might need anger management.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Ok...I searched the internet as best as I could and could find no answer to my question. That's why I came here. I've gotten some pretty good answers here in the past so although I don't totally rely on this site for information, it's still a good place as there are some lawyers here that can answer the things that pop into my head. Now.....my reasoning...

I sat on a jury this past week and it's been burning my heart out. I saw a video of an 8 year old's footprints in his grandmother's blood where he had to walk into her blood and saw the blood trail across her body where he had to climb over her dead body in order to get out of the room, all the while with a .380 against his head and the threat of "you'll be next" ringing in his ears. He was then kidnapped, along with a 4 month old infant, and put out of the car in the cold morning air with nothing but his pj's on and the infant was wearing just a diaper. The 22 year old woman was taken to the woods, raped, sodomized and threatened with death for over 4 hours. These images seem to be burned into my head and I can't get them out. The bullet that hit the grandmother was dead between the eyes and they showed the body on the video to us. I voted for death but here in Alabama 10 out of 12 jurors have to recommend death as opposed to 7 out of 12 recommending life without possibility of parole. If the defendant gets an appeal, wins and gets the sentence dropped to life with parole, I can't imagine justice being done for the two children or for the grandmother. It was pretty horrible to sit through and I can't begin to imagine the horror of the 8 year old boy, nor how it will affect the rest of his life. I'm not sure how this will play out in the end. I just know that I gave my best judgement in this case but it bothers me that he may have a chance to live outside a cage at some point in this life.
Thanks for the input that I've received from all who took time to give me a decent response, both here and in pm's.

TripleF