d_squared431

FITNESS THREAD! 1-15-09

Since there hasn't been one in some time I thought I would start it up again. :)
After ballooning up from having a bad knee and then two knee surgeries last year I am down 19.5lbs(as of 5 minutes ago when standing on the scale) since the beginning of Nov. I am still hoping to drop another 10-20 and get back to my wt prior to knee problems. This was just with food cut backs and little exercising.

so what about anyone else? How are all of you doing with wt loss and staying fit?
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

My work- the hours, etc., are really interfering with my workouts. Grrrrr- I went over a year with regular 3-4 times per week at the gym and it was so hard to get to that point- where I wanted to go, enjoyed it and it was a part of my daily routine. I haven't been in 3 weeks, and the 3-4 became 1-2 before that. But, I'll get back on track! I did manage not to gain any extra holiday/ winter wieght so far, which is good. And I bought myself a Bosu balance trainer for home workouts. I just haven't really used it yet! :$

I hit a major milestone this past weekend - I fit into size 8 jeans!!!! Currently, I go to spinning class 2x a week, Body Pump 1-2x a week, plus extra cardio and weights. My habit of going to the gym 5x a week is paying off, but I can't seem to lose any more weight (it's not my diet- believe me I eat well). I would like to keep losing though. But I have started running again, which is a major step for me. It has been 5 years since my last knee surgery (I've had both acls replaced) and finally I can run without pain.
http://3ringnecklace.com/

So I hate New Year's Resolutions, but I put my pants on to come to work on January 5 and realized I couldn't avoid making one. :D:D

Those pants already fit much better than they did on the 5th, primarily because of being more conscious of what I'm eating.

Last week, I interviewed several personal trainers and I start with one next week (2x/week). I haven't been as effective at re-starting exercise on my own, but considering I've been sick all week, I'm giving myself a break. :S:P

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I am glad you are running again with no pain. I would love to be able to run and not have knee pain or have my knees feel odd.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

I used a Bosu at the gym when I was working with a trainer. Its a great piece of at home equipment, but only if you use it! Funny story- I saw it at the Costco- actually put a few things back to buy it instead. My SO looks at it and makes a comment like I'll use it as much as my yoga ball and I said, "This is way better, you can do all sorts of exercises with it." He shut up because I wasn't asking him to pay for it or anything. So, we're in line and there's a couple behind us. The woman sees it in my cart, and she said "Where did you get that?" So I told her where it was in the store and HER SO says- "Yeah, you'll use it as much as that YOGA ball!" So I said to HIM "This is way cooler"! She agreed with me! :D

I used a Bosu at the gym when I was working with a trainer. Its a great piece of at home equipment, but only if you use it! Funny story- I saw it at the Costco- actually put a few things back to buy it instead. My SO looks at it and makes a comment like I'll use it as much as my yoga ball and I said, "This is way better, you can do all sorts of exercises with it." He shut up because I wasn't asking him to pay for it or anything. So, we're in line and there's a couple behind us. The woman sees it in my cart, and she said "Where did you get that?" So I told her where it was in the store and HER SO says- "Yeah, you'll use it as much as that YOGA ball!" So I said to HIM "This is way cooler"! She agreed with me! :D

:D:D
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

Yeah. 2009 is my big push. 2008 I spent getting to a reasonable level of fitness.

February I'm doing my first competitive 10km run. Only expecting about 55mins. Nothing amazing.

March I'm doing my first half marathon which is serious distance compared to what I'm currently used to running (no more than 10kms usually). Just waiting for this cold to shift so I can start training bit more intensively.

I've been working out 6 nights a week for last 2 weeks. And sticking to the BodyForlife training (again). I'm looking forward to seeing a change in 12 weeks. However, I'm prepared to keep this up for rest of year and even longer. I'm 187 w/clothes on. Have not seen any physical change, but feel alot better!

I lost 10 lbs a few months ago and haven't been able to lose any more than that. I did it simply by cutting back on food. I'm just not very hungry anymore.:S I know it's not healthy, but I eat 1 real meal a day and that's it. I wish I would lose a few more!!
I can't afford a gym membership and can't wait til it's warm enough again to get outside!

Since there hasn't been one in some time I thought I would start it up again. :)
After ballooning up from having a bad knee and then two knee surgeries last year I am down 19.5lbs(as of 5 minutes ago when standing on the scale) since the beginning of Nov. I am still hoping to drop another 10-20 and get back to my wt prior to knee problems. This was just with food cut backs and little exercising.

so what about anyone else? How are all of you doing with wt loss and staying fit?

Did you wear any clothes while on the scale? Can we have proof ( a shot of the scale and the scale rider?)
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

Well, my goal for this year is to lose 40lbs. I just started working towards it yesterday. My plan is simply excercie at least five days a week, eat better (and a lot less), and not drink nearly as much as I was.

I owe part of this newly found motivation to everyone at the dz who tried buying my camera jacket, that I don't fit in, from me. Correction, I fit in it but I look like a sausage. :D

---------------------------------------------------

http://www.myspace.com/rave4funn

Did you wear any clothes while on the scale? Can we have proof ( a shot of the scale and the scale rider?)

I was wearing scrubs and the scale is in the doctors office I work in..
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

Had 3 weeks off of training over Christmas and cos I had a really bad flu. But back at it now.

At the moment I can not do any impact stuff so I'm doing 7 spin classes a week.

I am doing great, apart from almost passing out in Tuesday's 2nd Spin class because some 'lady' in the class was ass dumping SBD's (Silent But Deadly's). [:/]B|

And worse, all the girls thought it was me cos I was the only man in there. >:(

BP
:)

Had 3 weeks off of training over Christmas and cos I had a really bad flu. But back at it now.

At the moment I can not do any impact stuff so I'm doing 7 spin classes a week.

I am doing great, apart from almost passing out in Tuesday's 2nd Spin class because some 'lady' in the class was ass dumping SBD's (Silent But Deadly's). [:/]B|

And worse, all the girls thought it was me cos I was the only man in there. >:(

BP
:)

LMAO :D
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

Anyone who actually knows me might laugh to find out I am working out...
The past 6 months I have gained some weight. I finally got fed up with it and am working out almost daily. I am not really cutting back on what I eat, but I am more observant to how much I eat and what I stuff in there... I haven't lost weight (have been excersizing for almost a month now)... but I do see an improvement in my muscle mass...
I mainly row on the rowing machine at home for about 20 minutes every other day and then I lift weights with the guidance of my fiance on the off days... This is really an accomplishement for me as I have never worked out in my life before...
I hope I can lose the fat before my wedding, which just got pushed up another week...

Realized just a few minutes ago that I haven't been on here in a while, I'm sure at least one of you wondered if I was dead. Luckily enough, no, I'm not dead. Just been busy busting my ass at work. Fitness just wasn't part of life at USCG Station Gloucester because our command just didn't give a flying purple fuck. On my off days though, I became a 6 mile runner and was doing ab work and pushups regularly.

On a better note, I got into A-School much sooner than expected. I decided not to become a rescue swimmer, and instead opted to become a Boatswain's Mate. Reasons were simple enough. First, I wanted a career after the Coast Guard, and being a rescue swimmer doesn't do that for me. Second, I wanted a position of leadership, and still being a rescue swimmer doesn't do that for me. Third, I don't want to spend my career doing something quite that crazy. Driving boats is at least mildly less crazy. Short version is that I'm on leave until the beginning of this weekend, report to Yorktown, VA on the 25th and start class the next day. Finish on the 17th of April as a Petty Officer Third Class. Not exactly how I expected things to work, but that's life, and I'm not stepping down from the challenge.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

First session with my trainer today ... this is gonna be fun ... and painful. :D:D:D

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

First session with my trainer today ... this is gonna be fun ... and painful. :D:D:D

I am sure you will have fun...:D

I guess it wasn't clear that I've already done the session. It *was* fun even though I felt like a bit of a wimp at times. But I'm really looking forward to going back on Thursday. B|

How are all of you doing with wt loss and staying fit?

Since June of last year I have dropped close to 40 pounds. The doctor found out I had an issue with my hormones being out of wack and throwing off everything else in my body. Strict diet and B-12 shots have worked miracles! :)

Muff Brother # 3883, SCR # 14796 ICD # 1 - Pres.
Yeah, I noticed and I think it's funny!