Twoply

Shoes off when you're on your carpet?

I leave mine on when I come into my house, unless I know they're properly dirty. When I visit others I'll take my shoes off if they do, but I might still try and get away with it if I remember I have holes in my socks. Which in turn are caused by walking around without shoes on!

I guess it makes sense always to leave your shoes at the door when you consider how filthy the streets must be, but usually I just don't think about it.

I always take my shoes off when I walk in the house. I expect others to wipe their feet and or take their shoes off when coming in to my house.

I would take more than my shoes off at your door.

:o:$
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I’m almost done removing all of the carpet in my house. The filth and dust underneath the carpet is disgusting and cannot be healthy. Also, pets and carpet don’t mix. If you want cushion comfort, throw rugs work well and are easy to clean. If you must have carpet, it pays to invest in a good carpet-cleaning machine and vacuum and clean them often.

I agree- carpet is NASTY! I've got hardwood floors throughout my house. Much better! And for anyone with allergies or asthma issues? Why on earth would you want something in your house to trap all those allergens so you can keep breathing them in?

It's silly to have carpet in a public area that is so easily damaged. The idea of requiring that guests remove their shoes is rude unless it's an integral part of your culture. On the flip side of that it's rude to walk into someone's house with dirty shoes and you should either clean them or take them off.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I don't agree that it's rude to expect people follow the house owners rules.

but do agree that it would be rude ... very rude in fact to attempt to enter someones house with soiled footwear.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I don't agree that it's rude to expect people follow the house owners rules.

but do agree that it would be rude ... very rude in fact to attempt to enter someones house with soiled footwear.

Not saying anything about someone's rules... I do it and really don't care I just I don't get why people buy carpet for public spaces that is so easy to damage and then equate that to "having a nice house". White carpet has nothing to do with quality. Most people I know with light colored carpeting everywhere don't really care but I don't wear my shoes anyway. I've been to a few people's places where they flat-out don't allow shoes and there's no reason for it. I'm usually not friends with those people because they have an "all about me" personality.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

There's an expression....

When in Rome, do as the Romans.

I personally don't see this any different then touching the walls after working on the car all day or sitting on the couch while all sweaty after a workout. Is it that big of deal to leave your dirty ass "just stepped in shit but I wiped em on the grass" shoes outside?
www.FourWheelerHB.com